Quick way to call people?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Just search "Phone Dialer" in the WP Marketplace there are many apps to chose from that will do what you are looking for.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use an app called Drag and Call. It does literally what it sounds like. You drag the contact onto the phone icon to call him/her instantly, or the message icon to text him/her instantly. It's an efficient way to be fast with your phone.

Ryano89

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the previous poster regarding creating a group and pinning it to the start screen. I have a group for personal contacts, and a group for business contacts pinned, and I rarely go directly into the dialer unless I am calling a new number. It is a little different then I am used to(long time android user) but it did not take long to get used to, and has proven to be a quick and easy way to access my most commonly used contacts. I actually like the group function very much.

Sumanth Daggubati1

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
just go to windows phone website and check your purchase history. you will find all the apps that are previously installed with that particular Microsoft account.(this includes even those free ones)

Ayush_WP

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Rap dialer for sure. Using it since i got it. Stopped using the native calling app.

Apart from that.
Wiztiles! Lets u pin a tile that straight away gives u an option to call, no getting into the contact and calling. Have done it for home and my parents. Very quick and very very convenient!

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I really wish Nokia could implement their own Speed Dial (back in the s40/s60 days) where you just press and hold a number, and it will call a person you specified..

Jtress

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I really wish Nokia could implement their own Speed Dial (back in the s40/s60 days) where you just press and hold a number, and it will call a person you specified..
There's kind of an app for that.
I found a free app called Speed Dial on the market. It lets you add frequently dialed numbers to a list. You can single out specific numbers, like their cell number or home number.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Seriously! You open it for 3 seconds barely for each call, you must be making a million calls a day then. :p

Rap Dialer kills battery life upto 30 to 40% in a day

Other than that, it has many cool features like to send a message to someone in a swipe, group texts etc. Need to sit and figure out the first time you use it. & customisable UI, to suit your keyboard style and log style. I love it. Just wish that call log was accessible though, MS needs to give more freedom and new APIs to app devs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria