Quirk loading page in IE

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Anyone notice a strange quirk in IE, start loading a page then press the start button and go back in a minute or so. Do you get the page loaded but at the end rather than at the top? May not happen 100% but often enough. Have this on 2 separate devices w Mango.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
There are several quirks, sometimes when opening a link it will load a blank page so you have to long press to open in a new tab, also sometimes the page will be stuck in loading so you have to turn the screen off and then back on then the page will be completely loaded.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I've ran into several small quirks with IE. I think I have tried almost every mobile browser out there with previous phones, they all have small quirks. I use to really like Opera on Symbian3 and Windows Mobile 6.1, but I am really happy with IE on WP7.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep, if Android had the same browser as IE9 it'd be a no brainer for me. Unfortunately Android browser is complete crap.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
There are several quirks, sometimes when opening a link it will load a blank page so you have to long press to open in a new tab, also sometimes the page will be stuck in loading so you have to turn the screen off and then back on then the page will be completely loaded.
Never had the loading at the end of the page thing happen, but when a page seems to be stuck in loading (I'm pretty sure it's only happened to me when I'm on cell data), I just double tap the screen like I'm zooming in and it seems to display what it's downloaded so far.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Never had the loading at the end of the page thing happen, but when a page seems to be stuck in loading (I'm pretty sure it's only happened to me when I'm on cell data), I just double tap the screen like I'm zooming in and it seems to display what it's downloaded so far.

Nice trick, thx :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb