rants from a new user (bluetooth bugs and more)

Valerio Lupi

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Now For the rants..... Apart from the lack of google apps, but i can live with that (i already started the process of migrating from picasa/drive to skydrive, i prefer to drop google in its entirety and Switch to Microsoft Services)... The horrifying bug of this Device is Bluetooth! I tried 3 different cheap headsets and 2 carstereos, Always the same problem: pairing ok, Works, once the headset/car is Turned off For some reason the havoc begins: once you turn it back, lumia still recognizes Bluetooth connected (but sometimes not) but it doesn't work. If you try to turn it off, the Bluetooth screens hangs in an infinite wait with the dots progressbar-like on the top, and the only thing to do is restart the phone. After restarting, but i don't Know if it's bt-related, sometimes the wifi is disabled and the Button to enable it is greyed, and even the clock is screwed showing a completely wrong time/date.
As i Said, these 2 later Bugs i cannot say if they're related to the bt issues, since they happen randomly when the phone is restarted For any reason. Sometimes i even experienced freezes and had to restart with power/volumeup.
Well... Before i get back to Android.... Is there a way to fix those issues, especially the bt thing? I've googled around and many users are,experiencing similar problema, but i sincerely havent investigated deeply yet. Hopefully even Microsoft would recognize and fix Thomasse Bugs. What i'd really like to Know is if they're somewhat gdr3-related.... If so, i'll fine a way to getback to gdr2 via the Nokia service app

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure where you are seeing a lot of people with the same problems, but this sounds like a phone issue. I have an 822 and I don't have those issues. My car, using Ford Sync, hooks up and disconnects to my phone without issue. Unless there is some specific quark with the 1020, I would say that this isn't a widespread problem with WP8. You could always reflash your phone with the Nokia Care suite and see if that fixes the issue, as it's always possible some of the firmware got corrupted. It also only takes one flaky cell in flash storage to cause issues (the software looks good and checks out with fine with a correct checksum, but the cell fails to produce the correct bit under load). You could always see if you have the same problem connecting your headsets to another 1020 and see if it they work correctly or not.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any Bluetooth issues with my 1020, use it with a LG soundbar and with my car audio from Sony. Maybe reflash the 1020 or wait for Lumia Black update wich will update Bluetooth 3.0 to 4.0 LE.

Sent from my beautiful Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Valerio Lupi

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
i tested with 2 alpine car audio, and with cheap headsets.... if you can suggest devices with which the phone surely works, i can try that. anyway, it really sounds like a software issue, maybe incompatibility with the devices i tried with.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I use two creative Bluetooth speakers and a pioneer car stereo. My 920 flawlessly connects to all of them. It sounds like there may be an issue on your handset.

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
update to GDR3 ,, there is an extra option for bluetooth, should fix ur problem
(i havent read this whole thread, maybe someone else already mentioned it )

Valerio Lupi

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
i did ... and i wonder if it's gdr3 the culprit, i'm downloading firmware with the nokia suite and i'm about to reflash it (should get back to gdr2, since gdr3 is not official yet) and see if it mitigates the issues......

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
my 1020 works with my sony headset , sony Bluetooth home stereo , Samsung windows 8 pc , other phones , in fact everthing I have tried it with :) as others have said , faulty hardware maybe?? in fact the 1020 actually auto pairs with my home stereo , its the only phone I have had that does

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
The BT on my 1020 is flawless - connects to my pc at work and also to my Honda Accord,

Traveled with it several times and connects to all of the rental car BT interfaces just fine.

I have a BlueAnt Q2 BT ear piece, but haven't used it for awhile - especially since picking up my AJays 5 ear phones..

Valerio Lupi

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
ok, gdr3 (or at least, something related to the update i did) was the culprit. i've reflashed it with nokia tool (downloading the, at least they say latest, firmware from the tool) and retried every bluetooth device ... they work perfectly now, turning them off and on reconnects correctly to the phone as expected. seems even the other issues are gone. my firmware is now 3050.0000.1338.1002. is this gdr2 ?

Robin Micom

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue! Very frustrating! Allways have to turn bluetooth off before getting into the car (Ford sync), then put it on and it connects.
But after some phonecalls or stepping out of the car without turning out the bluetooth first my phone will have issues and disconnect after a while.
Unable to turn my bluetooth off of my phone baceause it hangs in infinite wait with the dots.
Only option is to restart the phone. My previous S3 worked great with Sync.
What a shame...
Does anyone have a clue what to do?
I now have Cyan with update 1, hoping that updating would fix the issue, but without result.

grtz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte