rattling noise when shaking the phone

krazy_kaktus

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I hear a rattling noise when shaking the phone lightly. Something in side sounds loose. Is anyone else experiencing this? It sounds like its coming from the camera??

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the vibrate motor. I can hear the rattle whenever I press one of the capacitive buttons too.

Took mine back to the shop, they got out a new one, it had the same issue - in fact the rattle was even louder. So I kept my original one ;)

Daniel0418

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I heard it too. Place your finger firmly over the camera lens and then shake and see if you still hear it. When I did this it went away. I'm thinking its some movement going on in the rear camera area. At least on mine it is.

SeanGonzo

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not alone on this. I'm going to get a new one mailed to me and see if the rattle is any better. Is the vibration mechanism right behind the camera? I shook my wife's IPhone 4S and I heard a similar rattle I also heard it on my Trophy but both were significantly quieter.

The worst part is the rattle when I set the phone down it just feels poorly made because of it.

akimbo21

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I know this is an old thread but my 8x just developed this problem after 2 and a half weeks. Does anyone if this is a more serious problem and should I send it back to HTC? Its been flawless otherwise so I freaked out after hearing it rattle for the first time.

akimbo21

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
it's the loose camera lens. had the same issue on touch hd and now on my 8x.
That's what HTC told me when I emailed them. They said its the camera shutter and its nothing to worry about. I just don't remember hearing it when I first got the phone, maybe I wasn't paying attention who knows.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. But it is nothing to worry about. Some people said it is because of the camera (and I think that's it) some say it is the SIM card. Either way, you don't have to worry about it.

SoludSnake

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have it to!

Sounds like it coming from the camera area though. I only noticed mine due to the fact I tried to answer a call with my arm after falling asleep on it for a while. Picked the phone up, brought it up to my ear and it immaterially fell out of my hand, hit a small glass coffee table and then on to the carpet. I freaked out and picked it up (with my left...) and checked for any type of markings. Surprisingly there were none anywhere to be seen! I shook the phone and heard the rattle and proceeded to worry. Now im not sure but that rattle may have been there the entire time without me noticing. I've only had the phone 3 days... should I see if they would exchange it due to the rattle or am I going overboard?

Does anyone not have this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077