Reasons for moving from android to WP?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have only used android phones in past but i am now thinking to buy a windows phone.I will buy Lumia 730.
\What are the features that are less as comapre to android.
I have heard that it can't do simple multitasking tasks like background downloading please explain that.

Pls Share the cons and pros of Windows OS.

The apps i will going to use are

Whatsapp
Youtube
FX File Manager
MX Player
Tubemate
G mail
Facebook

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest using this app to determine if WP has what you want - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.cxe.wpbackupclient.android&hl=en_GB

A lot of apps are missing, not at parity or have 3rd party equivalents.

So if apps are important to you that may be the show stopper for you right there and is one of the biggest 'cons' of WP.

As for the background tasks, not sure how this keeps being said but as far as I know this is not an issue so long as the task you want is set to run in the background.

You can't really compare Android and WP. WP is what it is. It's not like Android where you can change it to other launchers and so on so if that's a big thing for you then you might not like WP.

Other than those things WP is good for those who just want a device they can use. Most go on about how good the OS is on mid and low end hardware which is what made it popular in those markets.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
All the apps you use are already there on WP(including 3rd parties). background downloading now works great on w10m.better network connections for suspended apps too due to new socket functionality. Windows 10 Mobile is more advanced than the latest android in many ways. Windows 10 mobile can even run android apps if you want. and developers can now easily port android apps and ios apps and even win32 apps to windows phones. w10m can run full featured universal apps(can run on desktops as well) whereas androids apps are just mobile based apps(although they are equally good universal apps are more robust IMO).so it is the good time to get a W10M. If you want a best budget phone i would suggest you to buy 640xl/640 rather than 730. having said that 730 is still a great phone. but i think 640xl is better overall. good luck.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
All the apps you use are already there on WP(including 3rd parties). background downloading now works great on w10m.better network connections for suspended apps too due to new socket functionality. Windows 10 Mobile is more advanced than the latest android in many ways. Windows 10 mobile can even run android apps if you want. and developers can now easily port android apps and ios apps and even win32 apps to windows phones. w10m can run full featured universal apps(can run on desktops as well) whereas androids apps are just mobile based apps(although they are equally good universal apps are more robust IMO).so it is the good time to get a W10M. If you want a best budget phone i would suggest you to buy 640xl/640 rather than 730. having said that 730 is still a great phone. but i think 640xl is better overall. good luck.

W10M does not run win32 apps. At least not yet. Also do you really want win32 apps not developed for touch on a phone? Unless of course you're thinking Continuum only in which case sure, but hopefully the power is there in the handset to run it properly.

We don't know how many developers will jump on the W10M bandwagon so suggesting that the 'apps are coming' scenario is a bit premature.

To me the advantage of W10 universal apps is good regardless if you have a W10M or not. Keeping in mind that all the MS apps are on Android already and work really well. Universal apps don't just help W10M but anyone with a smartphone. The one I'm looking forward to is Instagram if they actually come out with it... that would be great.