Remote Desktop

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
So what are our remote desktop options? Are we looking better than we did with 7.5? I really miss being able to connect to vnc but I'm open to alternatives. I just want it back.

Oh, and Orb.com app streaming...anything similar yet?

Anthony Meluso

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If your serious about remote desktop go get ConnectMe app from the store. It cost $10 and works perfectly. Actually there are things in there that bet out anything I have ever seen on a PC before. Well worth it.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just used ConnectMe. It was the first to work but it changes my resolution when I log in. It's a disaster when that happens as I have multiple monitors....so it combines everything onto the main screen at a smaller resolution. So when I get home, I have to move everything back to their monitors (windows, gadgets, skype, trillian, icons) and resize every single window back to normal because they were shrunk down to accommodate the lower res. I'm not going through that every single time I want to connect remotely. I REALLY miss VNC via the phone...one of the few things that made Windows Mobile 6 phones usable :/

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I just used ConnectMe. It was the first to work but it changes my resolution when I log in. It's a disaster when that happens as I have multiple monitors....so it combines everything onto the main screen at a smaller resolution. So when I get home, I have to move everything back to their monitors (windows, gadgets, skype, trillian, icons) and resize every single window back to normal because they were shrunk down to accommodate the lower res. I'm not going through that every single time I want to connect remotely. I REALLY miss VNC via the phone...one of the few things that made Windows Mobile 6 phones usable :/

Unfortunately you will get that when you connect to a PC with multiple monitors when the one connecting is just one.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
eortizr, I will try Plex. It looks like it will accomplish what I need until Orb launches an app (I really enjoy orb's natural file browser vs a media center zune-like organized system (I don't like apps organizing my music for me...I prefer my own folder structures).

I will look into Remote Desktop from Toperware by researching it first as I don't want to throw all my settings out of whack again. TaliZorah, VNC doesn't cause your monitors to go out of whack. It keeps your settings and works well (from other PC's, Macs, Linux and the old Windows Mobile phones. There are some 3rd party VNC apps in the marketplace but they don't work with any of the latest versions of VNC due to the security policy support (which makes them useless as it didn't work when WP7 was released let alone WP8 as the security policy support is so outdated in the apps).

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Moving around your windows is a "limitation" of remote desktop, but trust me, use RDP. VNC is crap. RDP is robust, powerful, stable and fast. Having to rearrange your windows when you get home is a small price to pay. If you keep them in the same exact position at all times, write an ahk script to move them back.

I also say use ConnectMe.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077