Remove the 'Popular Discussion' posts from the updated home page

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Love the updated look of the Windows Central home page, BUT those "Popular Discussion" posts that appear between some articles are annoying and all of them are overly negative. It gives the site and Windows in general a negative perception when they are only popular because people overreact to those types of posts. Maybe use that feature to highlight constructive or interesting posts, but popular posts in generals like that will always be negative.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the home page is now a complete mess. With ads thrown in randomly all over the place they just look completely out of place and are very obtrusive. I also really dislike having the "popular discussion" posts thrown in between news articles. The articles themselves are being crammed into too small an area... I come to the home page to be able to easily and quickly scan through the actual news... now I have to mentally filter out this other content that's all haphazardly thrown together and I don't want to see all that.

Ideally the home page should only show articles in the main content area. The articles should be prominent, clearly defined and given the attention they deserve... after all, isn't that the main focus of this site?

Last edited:

Ryan Spooner

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't like the new design at all. It's a horrible non-uniform mess. Article titles are in no fixed horizontal position so when you're scrolling down, you're looking all over the place. The varying article image sizes are also annoying. Just give me a uniform list of stories like Neowin does please. Your top section should be for article promotion, not varying styles in the article list.

Also as others have said here, the inject forum topics are not welcome. Give us an option to disable those please.

And lastly, please let me give you some money to turn off ads and store promotions on the site and in the WP app.

Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077