Removed Microsoft Email Address Then Set Up Again But Now Can't Get Email, Contacts & Calendar

SoulBoy56

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm running Windows 10 mobile plus latest updates on a Lumia 950.

My Hotmail email account wasn't syncing correctly so I removed it from the phone, restarted the phone then added it again.

It appears to have added the Microsoft Account OK but I am not getting email, contacts or calendar - can anyone help? Is there anything else I need to do?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Removed Microsoft Email Address Then Set Up Again But Now Can't Get Email, Contacts & Calendar

Try adding your Microsoft Account through the "People" app and see if that works :)

SoulBoy56

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: Removed Microsoft Email Address Then Set Up Again But Now Can't Get Email, Contacts & Calendar

Thanks for your reply but that didn't work :sweaty:

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Well then I guess a hard reset is the next course of action

SoulBoy56

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

I was thinking I would have to bite the bullet, after reading the "What Reset Methods Are There? Which Should I Use?" post from RumoredNow it looks like a Factory Reset would be best. Thanks for your help (y)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

1) Look for an update in the store for the outlook app.

2) You have a pin or windows hello associated to the phone remove these and you will prompted back to sign in.

This should force sync everything.

SoulBoy56

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for replying TechFreak1, sorry I've only just seen your reply and have already done a Factory reset on my phone which has resolved the problem but for the record I did have a PIN on the phone so what you suggested may well have worked.

Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeMartinHater69