Replacing front glass/digitizer - HTC Titan II

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I don't see a sub-forum for hardware/DIY discussions so I thought I'd post here....

I just bought this on eBay, the front glass/digitizer for my AT&T HTC Titan II
HTC Titan II 2 at T Touch Screen Digitizer Front Panel Glass Replacement | eBay

Reading on the internet on how to replace it, I come to find out that the LCD is bonded to the digitizer with an adhesive and that heat will assist in separating the 2 components.

Has anyone here actually done this themselves and can offer advice? I can use my roommates hair dryer and I have very thin (trout line) fishing line. I'm worried the heat may crack the LCD and then I'm screwed.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Working 100% and less than $50 shipped? Otherwise I'm just interested in patching mine together until AT&T releases a 930 or 1530 and I can sign a new contract....

Is it a Titan II or a Titan 2? They are different phones...

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a sub-forum for hardware/DIY discussions so I thought I'd post here....

I just bought this on eBay, the front glass/digitizer for my AT&T HTC Titan II
HTC Titan II 2 at T Touch Screen Digitizer Front Panel Glass Replacement | eBay

Reading on the internet on how to replace it, I come to find out that the LCD is bonded to the digitizer with an adhesive and that heat will assist in separating the 2 components.

Has anyone here actually done this themselves and can offer advice? I can use my roommates hair dryer and I have very thin (trout line) fishing line. I'm worried the heat may crack the LCD and then I'm screwed.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Not only will a hair dryer crack the screen but it will def warp it and cause blur marks... Not a good idea mate. Just a heads up

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Working 100% and less than $50 shipped? Otherwise I'm just interested in patching mine together until AT&T releases a 930 or 1530 and I can sign a new contract....

Is it a Titan II or a Titan 2? They are different phones...

They are the same phone. There is only 1 Titan 2 for Windows Phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
They are the same phone. There is only 1 Titan 2 for Windows Phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just making sure we were on the same page, you didn't say it was a Windows Phone. I mentioned it because the HTC Titan 2 was a Windows Mobile phone just a few years ago. The HTC Titan II is the newer Windows Phone version. Some people make the mistake and transpose the 2 for II and vice-versa is all.

How much do you want for yours?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett