Requesting support from Nokia - do they actually answer?

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten pretty irritated with my phone recently because of the volume bug (there's very little difference in the music volume over the external speaker between 1/30 and 20/30 - it's WAY too loud at 1/30). It seems that it doesn't affect everyone based on these forum posts so I decided to contact Nokia about it. I submitted a support request on their website concerning this 7 days ago, and while I got a confirmation that I submitted a support request, I never received a response?

Is this normal? Where is this vaunted customer service that everyone is talking about?

If you dig around on the Nokia message boards, other people complain about it too but nobody from Nokia ever seems to respond.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd hold out a few more weeks - I'd expect that to be fixed when the "7.5 refresh" update comes out. Its just a software bug - I have it too.

But yes, Nokia's support is excellent. Short of you sending the phone in for a replacement, I doubt there's much they could do over the phone or email to troubleshoot it.

Phen0m24

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Stehen Elop (CEO) about the lack of MMS on the phone and he emailed me and now Nokia calls me each night to check on me.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The replies here so far are actually what I've been reading about Nokia support so I'm kind of surprised they ignored me. It does really seem like a firmware issue so we're probably SOL until they release another update, but it would be nice if they would at least acknowledge they're "looking into" the problem.

Besides, at AT&T's pace, don't know if I can wait a "few weeks" for Tango. If WP8 comes out at the end of October (13 weeks now), I'll have a new phone by then =)

theboo

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I never sent mails to Nokia, but there's a live chat support on their site.
I would expect them to answer mails in less than 7 days though.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So I finally heard back from Nokia on this issue (took over a week to get a reply) and I have to say I'm quite disappointed in the reply. Basically this could have been the reply to any support question that was sent in:

1) Do a soft reboot of the phone
2) Reset the phone to the factory original status (they even admit that there will be no way to restore your phone to your current state and you'll have to manually reinstall everything)
3) Return your phone to where you bought it

I'm sorry, but I really did expect better. I expect garbage like this from Dell, but not Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo