Reset or Super Reset your phone?

enders4you

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently on W10M 10586.318 on a 640 device.

Not sure if this has been talked about before but every time I reset my phone on this build or any for that matter (meaning going to system>about>reset your phone) I actually loose phone features. Example (glance screen options) however, when I do a "Super Reset" (meaning using windows phone recover tool which takes me back to 8.1>then updating all apps>then look for insider builds>then updating all apps) I get all the missing features back.

So its like using 8.1 OS to get all the official firmware and drivers for the phone and apps, then upgrading to Win10. I noticed the special features that were on 8.1 will be moved to "Extra" section in the Win 10 settings.

Every time I reset while on Win10 and going to the store, I do see the old setting apps but are either "no longer working for this device" or "depreciated" when going into the extra settings. Again, when going up from 8.1 all these setting are working and available to play with.

Just wondering if anyone else is doing this or noticed this.

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Download SysApp pusher from the store, there you will find a way to download your missing features, like Glance, Display etc...I lost all those features when I've done a hard reset on my phone. Haven't done a wdrt yet.

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
They're the same exact reset, each rom comes with a set of preinstalled apps, the 8.1 rom that get installed with the tool happens to have certain apps preinstalled (that will remain after the upgrade) while the w10 rom doesn't

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs