Restore backup after reset

TheXFather

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm sry if this has been posted before, i don't know if it has cause i couldn't find any info/tutorial/useful info about this.

Ok, so i reset my phone to make room for the 430 mb update (8s), we all know the other problem.
I start the phone run the first time setup where it asks me if i want to restore from backup. I say no cause i wanted the space in order to make the update.
I go right ahead and just make the update, everything is cool, 1GB free space after the update was applied,(Awesome).

Now i've been reading about how to restore my backup, i thought i'd just long in my Microsoft account and then a restore button or something would appear. No such thing happened.
I dunno what to do and or how to restore it now except if i do a hard reset again and then let it restore before i make the update, but this gives me like 50% chance that i won't have room for the update.

Any ideas /suggestions anything is welcomed.

I hope i was clear enough. Ty in advance.

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. Unfortunately you can only restore during the initial setup wizard. This has come up a few times and hopefully MS will address in an update at some point.

TheXFather

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
yeah but doesn't the reset mean that it rollsback the update also? cause if i can do a reset with out updaterollback that would fix my problem.

TheXFather

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Ty i just did that and it worked the firmware is still last version.

so i guess it works sort of cause i ahve like 10 apps with the 88000ffff error now but it's better the nothing :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs