[Review] Lumia 620 run Amber

Tuan Em

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
WP_001095.jpg
today on a number of forums on wp has appeared a number of a rom amber for the nokia devices like lumia 620, 820 and 920, and I quickly downloaded and installed on my device is lumia 620, you can see some of the pictures and video at here.

Some features are not available:
+ don't support douple tap
+ don't support FM

Download rom nokia amber for lumia 620, 820, 920 at here

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Cool, just the thread I was looking for have you noticed any changes in the Wi Fi (i.e ability to assign an ip address, dns and gateway manually?) / Bluetooth settings or driver versions i.e updated to 4.0?

Edit: is the fm radio pinable? (meaning can you into the music app and hold to pin)

Last edited:

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
How did u activate the douple tap to activate screen in the beginning of the video ?

He tried unsuccesfully, then he shortly pressed the power button. You can see it if you look closely.

No double tap is a REAL disappointment as there was no statement about that!

I still hope it will be supported with a system app (display and touch) update soon!

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 620 today too.

What I really believe in, is that the "display+touch" settings will be updated soon to bring double tap to wake support and remove the touch sensitivity setting on the 620.

sision

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was a bug with my phone. Hopefully they implement tap to wake. There is a "peek" feature available when you update display+touch.

CageJ

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
This update was available for L820/L920 even L520 maybe 3 weeks ago.. on L820 double tap to unlock works....

Lumiaa620

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
As far i have read, nokia isn't planning to "upgrade" cameras which doesn't have the pureview brand (this is more my speculation then the truth).

rohitsingh

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
There is an update for Display+Touch today. Maybe that will help with the double tap to wake feature. I am on a lumia720, stuck without GDR2 for the moment, so cant really say what changes with the update :(

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think that you're supposed to see an update for display+touch after the update.

Also, the Lumia 620 does not support FM Radio due to its design. That's a slight disappointment for me.

Could you check if your battery life has gotten better?

gargi

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
i got my 620 amber update from a nokia care centre but my screen's not as responsive as it used to be, i.e. only the lower part just above the home, back n search keys.. anyone else having this problem? :(

RetroMan71

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure it's not like the Placebo Effect, but this new update has actually done my 620 wonders. I now seem to manage to get through 2 full days of average use before having to re-charge (used to be just over a day)

Also, everything seems really fluid and smooth when switching and scrolling between apps and screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander