Is there any way to do this on the phone without a pc?The upgrade changes custom ringtone genre to blank. Change the ringtone genre to ringtone and copy to the phones ringtone directory and it will see them. This is a bug in W10.
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Forget ringtone makers, zune…
01) Put your ringtone mp3 in your PC Music folder.
02) Click on properties Details Genre => Ringtone
03) Connect phone to PC
04) Open Windows Phone App WindowsPhone.exe
05) Within App click on pc page
06) Check/Tick in Sync music
07) Check/Tick in Genres Ringtone
08) Click on Sync
09) Click on phone page
10) Ringtones should be in list and will be available on phone
It's absolutely insane that we would have to go through all these steps to have a song as a ringtone on the phone........ MS you have to come up with a better way for marking or picking songs as a ringtone.... this is 101 in building a smartphone!!!! If you want to be a player in the mobile phone market then you have to first get the phone basics down.
I am pretty sure on the 8.1 file explorer we could select the mp3 file and set it as ringtone or am I wrong?
After hard reset on W10M this app was removed from my phone so can't test it.