Rogers 920 vs Verizon 928 - Public wifi works on 928 but not 920

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I was in an airport in Munich, signing up on the tmobile wifi hotspot.

I loaded up my Surface RT, agreed to some conditions, had to watch an advertisement video, then voila, internet access.

I tried to do the same on my 920, it said "could not play this type of file on my phone"

A guy next to me, his phone starts blaring out an advertisement and is a bit pissed off but has internet. It was a verizon 928.

Anyone think of a reason why it worked on his and not mine?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't remember the settings at that time but thinking back, if my phone was set to mobile version could it cause this problem? Or vice versa the desktop version?

I won't really know unless I go back again or if someone else tries it on their 920 :D Or if there is a difference in mobile version and desktop version with playing certain types of files.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't remember the settings at that time but thinking back, if my phone was set to mobile version could it cause this problem? Or vice versa the desktop version?

I won't really know unless I go back again or if someone else tries it on their 920 :D Or if there is a difference in mobile version and desktop version with playing certain types of files.
Maybe the desktop version of the site uses Adobe Flash, but the mobile version uses HTML5. If that's the case, he could've had his browser set to mobile and yours was set to desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos