root foe WP8?

Elior Salem

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I just reaplaced my android phone in new HTC 8S phone.
Its internal memory really low right now(we all know that), has about 7 apps installed and I only have 300M available.
I know as Android phone contains "temporary" files that i could delete them and make a lot of space. with root.:)
Is Windows 8 also has a root to enter the system files and delete these temp files?
I can not even install a new game had 20M because he says I do not have enough space and i have 300M available! it's really a shame bcuz the phone is really great !.

i know that wp7 has a root tool :\

Thank for the answers and sorry for my bad english :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am guessing that your device is an 8Gb model. Your English does convey what your issue is.so it is good enough. I believe that the only way to get root access with WP* is to have an unlocked developer phone device.You could add storage space with an sd card which the *s has as opposed to the 8X which does not have that option

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There is no root for WP8, only jail break. So far, other than 1st gen WP7 phones, there is no more jail break for new WP7 and WP8 phones. OP's problem is quite common on that phone and there are already numerous threads about them (look for 'other' storage section) and unfortunately, I don't believe there is any solution other than hard reset. SD cards are hardly useful other than you can off load your media files to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon