Samsung ATIV Odyssey for Verizon

BlackWindow8

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The less OEMs the better. I wish HTC can bring specs like the Droid DNA to WP8, minus the 16gb stuff.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Verizon Wired

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
4" 800x480 Amoled Screen
1 GB RAM
8 GB Internal with SD slot
2100mAh battery
no wireless charging

Samsung had an opportunity to really knock one out of the park and extend their Android dominance into a new ecosystem. Something like a Note 2, running WP8, would have been HUGE for WP. Instead we get this... sigh

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
That's the specs for the low end Macro... (it better be)!

Nope, check the front page. Just a mid-range device with no differentiating features except for maybe the 2100mah battery. Even then, I'd take the 822 over the Odyssey any day of the week just knowing how well built Nokia devices are and how plasticky Samsung devices are.

Aliandren

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
The Odyssey isn't even going to be a good mid range phone, that's sad. I'd say it is competitive with the 620/8s in that it has the faster CPU and more RAM but the build and design are terrible. At entry level you're probably going to get more people looking at those 2 things than CPU/RAM. This phone is going to be a bust.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, just remove the "ATIV" from the name. This is just disappointing. Add the ATIV S to Verizon's line up, and it is the best lineup that they could produce. This just adds nothing. No reason to get this over the 822 unless you hate Nokia or love 4" screens.

jdefuria

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
As for your specific predictions? I predict there will be NO HTC 8S for verizon at all. AFAIK, the 8S does not have an LTE radio. I can't see Verizon stocking one unelss they are able to get a version with LTE. I am going to continue to assume that Verizon will not have a "high end" Samsung WP8 device this year.

So my own prediction (based on zero inside information, but only historical trends), is that Verizon's line-up through the end of this year will be the 822, 8X and "mid range" Samsung "Odyssey"

I would absolutley LOVE to eat some crow on my own prediction. Really, I hope you are right Mr. MacPhisto...but Verizon has me so jaded that I will refuse to believe it until I see it.

I hate to say "I told you so" Mr. MacPhisto....but my own prediction above (with ZERO inside info...only based on Verizon's historic track record) is correct...with the exception that the odyssey is of course a month late.

But with all of the evidence that had been leaked in the last couple months about sammy's device, it just made no sense to believe what you were peddling.

Now you have to seriously question your sources, and we have to be wary of your own posts based on whatever information you claim to have.

My wife has an 822. She's on her second one. I will not be getting one unless / until they fix the SD card issues that phone has. Looks like I'll be going either Android or BB10.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So much for inside sources... The goal posts just keep shifting on these rumors.

My sources tell me that Nokia, Samsung, and HTC will be releasing a higher end phone for Verizon sometime in the future :wink:

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Here's a good link with the three spec'd side by side. It looks really disappointing. Just when I think Verizon is actually going to do something smart and good. I was waiting for a phone, but it was not this one. Specification for Verizon’s Samsung ATIV Odyssey leaked | LiveSide.net

Edit: Found more info:

http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles...msung-ativ-odyssey-specs-leaked-set-debut.htm
I like the part where they say it's going to be lower than the 822, which is already free. So will they pay us to take this lemon?

and of course: our own site: http://www.windowscentral.com/specs-verizon-samsung-odyssey-leak-confirming-mid-range

prelude20Si

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Too bad waiting for this phone didn't pan out to being anything greater than what's already available on Verizon...actually seems to be the lesser of WinPhone devices on Verizon....oh well, I went with the 822 instead, should be here in a few days.

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
They yanked the 822 free on contract two days ago. (to make room for the Odyssey free on contract, I am sure) But I also noticed that my new every two credit that had been with me through december just disappeared. I called the store, and they were not helpful. So I called Verizon Loyalty department. 877-628-8922. They were MUCH easier to deal with. They notated my account and told me that the Manager at the store should honor it. So I went to the store, saw a friend of mine. I got to look right at the notes on my account. He went to talk to the Mgr to get me my $50 off. No dice. Manager was not interested. Would rather have me order on line and waste my time. So I called verizon from the store, and ordered it there. 822 should be here tomorrow. In gray. (Which I guess is only available online) So I shall move over to those topics. The Wait for the ATIV Odyssey was a waste.. See you later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124