Samsung Galaxy S6 reportedly drops bloatware in favor of Microsoft apps

kgraham182

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Samsung is getting to big for Google, if Samsung replaced most of the google apps with Microsoft apps this could hurt the "Do no evil company" The average joe won't download drive or google+ if office, onenote and onedrive is preinstalled. Samsung is already reported trying to move over to it's own Tizen OS. Of course Google apps can always be downloaded through the play store. What yall think about this, if the rumors are true?

www . engadget . com/2015/02/13/samsung-galaxy-s6-may-use-microsoft-apps/

MarkusDindu

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't think Googlel would let Samsung release a phone with Microsoft apps and the Play Store. If Samsung wants a phone with Microsoft apps, that would be great, but the sales of such a device would be much lower than a phone with Google apps. People would **** their pants if their new Galaxy S6 had no YouTube, Gmail, or Play Store.

Samsung's not this dumb.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Googlel would let Samsung release a phone with Microsoft apps and the Play Store. If Samsung wants a phone with Microsoft apps, that would be great, but the sales of such a device would be much lower than a phone with Google apps. People would **** their pants if their new Galaxy S6 had no YouTube, Gmail, or Play Store.

Samsung's not this dumb.

Why? All those Apps are in the Play store anyways. This wont phase Google.

The list of Apps contained Office, OneDrive, OneNote and Skype. In case people didn't read the article.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Most of the Samsung users never uses the bloatware present in the Galaxy phones like Samsung apps, Samsung Link, Chat On and many others... another part of users like me just installed a custom rom to just get rid of that horrible bloatware.

So, Samsung and MS must promote and optimize the default apps to prevent people for looking alternatives in Google play.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Most of the Samsung users never uses the bloatware present in the Galaxy phones like Samsung apps, Samsung Link, Chat On and many others... another part of users like me just installed a custom rom to just get rid of that horrible bloatware.

So, Samsung and MS must promote and optimize the default apps to prevent people for looking alternatives in Google play.

This is true, however SOME samsung or android users a like probably are not going to put effort into installing custom roms just to get rid of the bloatware; users usually ignore it. But, ignored or not it is still wasted space that is inhibited the user's ability to have mostly all the storage available on the device. This problem is usually solved by purchasing a secure digital card; but it does not solve the real problem.

Hopefully with this move, it would resolve the situation; and I hope that if this were to be implemented on the S6 then I believe this could be done on older samsung galaxy device lineup in the past. But I would not hold my breath...

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

There are plenty of folks who use Samsung apps otherwise they wouldn't load them.Sure there are usually better alternatives but people still use their bloat. Google has it's own requiments to have it's apps installed otherwise the one isn't allowed to utilize the app store and the vast majority of people never root or run custom roms. Some like HTC and LG have done a great job of having a light footprint on bloat and most don't take up too much room. Being able to have office one drive in the Google play store is sweet and I use both all the time especially Outlook.

If Samsung finally gets away from loading their bloat all in favor of Microsofts offering that will be nice but they do have some useful things to offer.

Cry me a river then build a bridge and get over it

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
There are plenty of folks who use Samsung apps otherwise they wouldn't load them.Sure there are usually better alternatives but people still use their bloat. Google has it's own requiments to have it's apps installed otherwise the one isn't allowed to utilize the app store and the vast majority of people never root or run custom roms. Some like HTC and LG have done a great job of having a light footprint on bloat and most don't take up too much room. Being able to have office one drive in the Google play store is sweet and I use both all the time especially Outlook.

If Samsung finally gets away from loading their bloat all in favor of Microsofts offering that will be nice but they do have some useful things to offer.

Yes I believe there is a reason Samsung continued to install their bloatware. But then, there is also a reason they're quitting! :cool:

PCs come loaded with manufacturer bloatware as well. When we sell a new one, we will often remove what we can. We even had a couple business customers for whom we completely reinstalled Windows with a Microsoft disk to remove all manufacturer branding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077