Save Nokia - Nokita Pitch aims to outbid Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Save Nokia Pitch from Nokita ? Aims to offer four times Microsoft?s bid.

I'm sorry to say that I had a Samsung Focus before my Nokia Lumia 820 and I would chose the Focus any day over the 820 if it had Windows Phone 8. I've had my Focus for 3 years and it has never failed "not once" and my 820 broke with in a few weeks of having it, so the "feels cheap" comment does not fit. I'm sorry to say. I liked my Nokia (and I'm stuck with it since I dont have a way to replace it) while it worked, but my Samsung has served me well.

All I have to say is Good for you.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
A part of me would like them to buy it and a part of me wants Microsoft to buy it...ill sit back and see what happens but I just hope Nokia do not loose its support for Windows phone.

I mean if I had $30 billion I buy Nokia too...na I'd put it in an investment account earning 9% per annum...I'd never work again. Though owning Nokia would be cool though.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Why can't Samsung do it then?
Samsung is the leading smartphone vendor, it doesn't need to change what the market deems to be acceptable (or in this case, even desirable).

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

Samsung is the leading smartphone vendor, it doesn't need to change what the market deems to be acceptable (or in this case, even desirable).

This sort of thinking killed BlackBerry

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

This sort of thinking killed BlackBerry
Samsung isn't standing still, it's simply not investing in the aesthetics you prefer because it's been shown that most people don't care.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As I think everyone knows, I'm all for preventing Microsoft to destroy Nokia as they will most certainly do if they get their hands on the D&S.

However, this project, albeit raising some very valid points, raised me a couple of questions: first of all, is this "Nokita" supposed to take over Nokia? From the video, I got the feeling they were aiming at transforming Nokia into Nokita? If so...that's just as stupid as Microsoft only getting half of Nokia, half that doesn't include one of the most important assets of Nokia: the brand.
Secondly...Linux phones? Building WP and Android upon a Linux based phone? hmm

As for the investors they are looking for and the "they won't find them"...hmm won't they? They do have a very valid point: Microsoft is offering way way less than Nokia's D&S is worth. Specially if you have in mind what they paid for Skype.
Won't they find investors? They may not find them...but they may do.

Let us think about this for a second: Nokia is prohibited to seek other investors to make an offer to rival Microsoft. However, all they need is to get someone else to do it for them. This Nokita venture may turn out to be a way to clearly allow other interested companies to be able to outbid Microsoft. Has anyone else noted the strange silence coming from Mountain View regarding this entire Nokia/Microsoft thing? With Nokia prepared to jump to Android as they were, how sure can anyone be that Google isn't interested in getting Nokia? It's certainly a better option than Motorola was. Getting Nokia would certainly allow them to reach out way more consumers than Motorola does.
You'll say: "Google already has Samsung to spread Android". Yeah, sure. But for how long? Samsung has given more than enough signs that they intend to create their own OS. Tizen is the first step. If Samsung finally turns their Android into a new OS, Google will see sales of Android falling hard. Because Samsung will no longer be making Android phones.
They'll need another company to step in the Android market to ascertain their OS dominance. HTC is an option but Nokia is a tempting and stronger solution for that, seeing how many old and current Nokia owners claim for Android Nokia, together with the more established Nokia D&S.

So...lets not dismiss this "Nokita" initiative so quickly...we never know who may show up from the shadows to put in the money.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who thinks it would be a good idea to invest millions of dollars into an unproven group isn't thinking straight.

They won't be getting any money unless it's from some trust fund babies who have never worked a day jn their lives and dropped out of high school and sit around all day high on drugs.

blzr409

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't really buy into the idea that Nokia would do much better with Android. At this point Samsung has pretty much taken over that platform.

If you look at US smartphone shipments in the last quarter, Nokia ranked 4th. Apple and Samsung of course battled it out for the top spot, followed by LG in a distant third due mainly to the great success of their Nexus phones. Nokia was next on the list, just ahead of Motorola. I'm sure if Nokia scored the Nexus deal they'd be able to leapfrog LG, but if they didn't I think they just flounder with everyone else regardless of the quality of their phones. The HTC One is an amazing piece of hardware. What did that do for HTC? They're down in 9th place, just ahead of Blackberry, and behind the likes of ZTE, Kyocera, and Huawei. Seems like it's very easy to get lost in the shuffle in the Android world.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who thinks it would be a good idea to invest millions of dollars into an unproven group isn't thinking straight.

They won't be getting any money unless it's from some trust fund babies who have never worked a day jn their lives and dropped out of high school and sit around all day high on drugs.

If the business world worked by your mind-set, there wouldn't be a Microsoft, an Apple, a Google, a Facebook etc.

I don't really buy into the idea that Nokia would do much better with Android. At this point Samsung has pretty much taken over that platform.

Samsung is heading in a direction that leads to it replacing Android with their own OS.
From the pragmatical point of view, what Nokia has to offer Android is the same as they had to offer WP, with the exception they would have way more power to change the OS then they do with WP.
So, basically Nokia would bring to Android what's arguably the best hardware in the market (build quality), camera technology ahead of any other phone OEM and a plethora of its own services and specially designed Apps, along with brand power superior to HTC, LG, Sony or other companies manufacturing Android (exception made to Samsung) in markets like the European ones.
Would it be harder for them to compete in the Android market where other companies invest too, than it is to compete in WP where other companies don't care to compete? Sure. But the rewards to Nokia would also be bigger.
Does that mean Nokia would have to drop Windows Phone altogether? Of course not. Just like HTC, Samsung and Huawei didn't dropped Android to produce WP devices.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If the business world worked by your mind-set, there wouldn't be a Microsoft, an Apple, a Google, a Facebook etc.

The business world does have my mindset. Apple and Google didn't ask for BILLIONS of dollars with a crappy presentation and nothing to show that they could actually DO anything.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The business world does have my mindset. Apple and Google didn't ask for BILLIONS of dollars with a crappy presentation and nothing to show that they could actually DO anything.

This. Unless the guy is starting a massive campaign to show off his team, he won't get any support. Simply saying "I have a dream team" means nothing to an investor.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

The presentation may be crappy but do you know the guy? For all we know, the guy can be the cream of the crop of Finnish enterprise.
No, they don't have your mind set. They'll first investigate the guy, then his proposal and the validity of his plan and then they'll decide if they'll put in any money at all in obvious exchange for certain warranties.
Dismissing a potentially good idea just because you think the presentation is crappy simply doesn't happen. Being them greedy executives or "babies who have never worked a day jn their lives and dropped out of high school and sit around all day high on drugs" (which I call "Zuckerbergs", "Gates", "Jobs" etc.) If the guy is really committed to try and get the funds for this, then he will be able to do it if there are interested companies in taking Nokia.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The presentation may be crappy but do you know the guy? For all we know, the guy can be the cream of the crop of Finnish enterprise.
No, they don't have your mind set. They'll first investigate the guy, then his proposal and the validity of his plan and then they'll decide if they'll put in any money at all in obvious exchange for certain warranties.
Dismissing a potentially good idea just because you think the presentation is crappy simply doesn't happen. Being them greedy executives or "babies who have never worked a day jn their lives and dropped out of high school and sit around all day high on drugs" (which I call "Zuckerbergs", "Gates", "Jobs" etc.) If the guy is really committed to try and get the funds for this, then he will be able to do it if there are interested companies in taking Nokia.

That's not how it works. You're in dreamland.

There are tons of people out there with swell ideas asking for money. TONS.

Investors dont sit around investigating everyone that has a nice sounding idea with bold claims. That would be straight up foolish.

It's the job of the people who want the money to be professional. They have to make their case with a compelling presentation and loads of documentation to back up every claim they make. The more money they ask for, the more they need to back up their claims. And the money these guys are asking for is absolutely absurd.

You have a very strange idea about venture capitalism.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That's not how it works. You're in dreamland.

There are tons of people out there with swell ideas asking for money. TONS.

Investors dont sit around investigating everyone that has a nice sounding idea with bold claims. That would be straight up foolish.

It's the job of the people who want the money to be professional. They have to make their case with a compelling presentation and loads of documentation to back up every claim they make. The more money they ask for, the more they need to back up their claims. And the money these guys are asking for is absolutely absurd.

You have a very strange idea about venture capitalism.

Again, do you know the guy? No. So don't rush making your judgements on him or the amounts of documentation he has or has not.
Also, do you know how high finance sometimes works? Here's a tip: suppose, say, Google, was interested in getting Nokia from Microsoft. Due to the deals terms, Nokia would have to pay MS a couple of millions if they seek or in any way helped another investor to make a counter-offer. How can Google go around this? By backing an independent entrepreneur. Getting a what we call "iron-head" to act on their behalf as CEO of another company. The funds come from the company behind him, he only serves as a face and his company as a puppet company.
This guy can be a wishful thinker...or he can turn out to be a puppet in the hands of another major company who doesn't want to directly confront Microsoft. A company like Google. Or Samsung. Or God Knows Who.

Again, you don't know the guy nor his background. Not all relevant CEO's have to be Jet Set people. Or known around the World. Want an example? The name "Zeinal Bava" means anything to you? I bet it doesn't. Yet he's about to become the CEO of a major multinational communications company that results of the fusion between PT- Portugal Telecom and the Brazilian Oi. That new company will rival in size with Telef?nica and AT&T and is aimed at becoming the biggest carrier in Latin America. The fusion will be a billionaire deal. Do you know the guy? No, you don't. Yet we do know him here. Who tells you the same thing doesn't happen with this guy in Finland?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Again, do you know the guy? No. So don't rush making your judgements on him or the amounts of documentation he has or has not.
Also, do you know how high finance sometimes works? Here's a tip: suppose, say, Google, was interested in getting Nokia from Microsoft. Due to the deals terms, Nokia would have to pay MS a couple of millions if they seek or in any way helped another investor to make a counter-offer. How can Google go around this? By backing an independent entrepreneur. Getting a what we call "iron-head" to act on their behalf as CEO of another company. The funds come from the company behind him, he only serves as a face and his company as a puppet company.
This guy can be a wishful thinker...or he can turn out to be a puppet in the hands of another major company who doesn't want to directly confront Microsoft. A company like Google. Or Samsung. Or God Knows Who.

Again, you don't know the guy nor his background. Not all relevant CEO's have to be Jet Set people. Or known around the World. Want an example? The name "Zeinal Bava" means anything to you? I bet it doesn't. Yet he's about to become the CEO of a major multinational communications company that results of the fusion between PT- Portugal Telecom and the Brazilian Oi. That new company will rival in size with Telef?nica and AT&T and is aimed at becoming the biggest carrier in Latin America. The fusion will be a billionaire deal. Do you know the guy? No, you don't. Yet we do know him here. Who tells you the same thing doesn't happen with this guy in Finland?

First off, you sound like this guy is one giant conspiracy theory where there actually is a puppet company. There's not. I swear you're worse than an Apple fan.

Secondly, if this guy were a "big shot" like he claims to be, he would know how to make a decent presentation. Seriously, I don't care if its Warren Buffett himself making the presentation, if he calls himself W. Buffett, can't be found on a Bing search related to anything he's described, and makes a haphazard presentation, hardly anyone would invest anything, let alone "5 million to 5 billion".

Last edited by a moderator:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
YOU ARE DELUSIONAL!!

First off, you sound like this guy is one giant conspiracy theory where there actually is a puppet company. There's not. I swear you're worse than an Apple fan.

Secondly, if this guy were a "big shot" like he claims to be, he would know how to make a decent presentation. Seriously, I don't care if its Warren Buffett himself making the presentation, if he calls himself W. Buffett, can't be found on a Bing search related to anything he's described, and makes a haphazard presentation, hardly anyone would invest anything, let alone "5 million to 5 billion".

Spot on.

It's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)