[#SaveXboxWP] Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Who already said that? You're saying that Gameloft management decided to let each of it's sub-teams individually decide whether to implement Xbox integration into their games? Do you have a source for that? That seems like an odd management decision.

I think Gameloft_Ryan said it in the forums or in a comment on one of the articles. I remember reading that too. It makes sense to me, though. If the developers feel that they can have a good integration with Xbox, then they can do it. If they don't think the enhanced features will be worth the effort and revenue, they won't.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I think Gameloft_Ryan said it in the forums or in a comment on one of the articles. I remember reading that too. It makes sense to me, though. If the developers feel that they can have a good integration with Xbox, then they can do it. If they don't think the enhanced features will be worth the effort and revenue, they won't.

Interesting. I wonder how many Gameloft teams there are working on Xbox WP games. It makes sense to not include Xbox integration on some of their games, like the Strawberry Shortcake Candy Crush clone type games, but other games like Dragon Mania Legends and Age of Sparta should definitely have it.

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
here i found it from Gameloft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aero_Smash View Post
Ryan can you tell us why you don't just update all of yours games to add Xbox integration? Why did you pick just a few ? Is Gameloft going to add Xbox Support to more games ?
Xbox support is similar to controller support. Each Dev team looks at their game and makes the decision if they believe Xbox support would benefit their game in a big way. It takes time (as you all know :p) and resources to implement these features in our games, so that's why you don't see every Gameloft game getting Xbox support.

We are hoping with the new processes and procedures that we can ideally include it in more games. At the end of the day though, it is a decision each Development team makes when they start working on, or updating, their game.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
here i found it from Gameloft thread

Gameloft Ryan said:
Quote Originally Posted by Aero_Smash View Post
Ryan can you tell us why you don't just update all of yours games to add Xbox integration? Why did you pick just a few ? Is Gameloft going to add Xbox Support to more games ?
Xbox support is similar to controller support. Each Dev team looks at their game and makes the decision if they believe Xbox support would benefit their game in a big way. It takes time (as you all know :p) and resources to implement these features in our games, so that's why you don't see every Gameloft game getting Xbox support.

We are hoping with the new processes and procedures that we can ideally include it in more games. At the end of the day though, it is a decision each Development team makes when they start working on, or updating, their game.

I just put it in block quotes for easier reading.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Huge news today, 4 March 2015, as head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, announced at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) that the ID@Xbox program is coming to Windows 10--PCs, tablets, and phones! This was one of the major goals of the #SaveXboxWP movement and it will mean a lot more mobile Xbox games. We've been pinging Microsoft about it since 13 November 2013, but we haven't heard anything since 7 July 2014 when Chris Charla, director of ID@Xbox favorited one of my #SaveXboxWP tweets calling for the program to be extended to WP/W8, and now that is coming true with Windows 10! Great job, everyone. Thank you for supporting #SaveXboxWP.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 13 March 2015, Gameloft releated Dungeon Hunter 5, their fifth straight non-Xbox game on WP since returning to Xbox development a few months ago. Their individual development teams seem to have the ability to choose for themselves whether to implement Xbox Live or not, and it seems many still are choosing to eschew it.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 25 March 2015, Jez reported that Game Troopers has seen great success so far with their mission of porting games to Windows Phone with Xbox integration, noting that they have announced several new games coming and are expanding their staff, hiring new developers to continue working on bringing Xbox games to WP. This is a great example of how other developers who have recently eschewed Xbox gaming on Windows Phone likely made a poor decision.

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys any chance to count with u on asking to flaregames to make royal revolt 2 an Xbox Live game? I wrote to their Facebook and contact! I would appreciate it =]

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 16 April 2015, Microsoft Studios finally released Halo: Spartan Strike, the sequel to Halo: Spartan Assault, on Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone as a universal app with Xbox integration, after a five-month delay. That's the semi-good news. The bad news is that both games have also released now on iOS, meaning that the exclusivity of Halo to Microsoft platforms, after nearly a decade and a half, has now officially ended. This historic blunder is inexcusable and illogical, and Satya Nadella (@satyanadella) and Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) rightfully need to be called out for it. Please take to Twitter and tell them what you think about taking Microsoft's most valuable franchise from exclusive to multi-platform, thereby undermining both Xbox and Windows Phone in one foolish move.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 17 April 2014, Jez Corden interviewed ID@Xbox chief, Chris Charla, about the future of Xbox gaming on Windows 10 devices (including phones. Mr. Charla has previously favorite #SaveXboxWP tweets, and his comments in the article above indicate that we were on to something long before it was announced!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 23 April 2015, ZeptoLab released their first non-Xbox game on Windows Phone, Cut the Rope 2, the sequel to Xbox WP games, Cut the Rope and Cut the Rope Exp. This is a big disappointment as it marks another third-party publisher who previously supported Xbox WP gaming who has now abandoned it. Be sure to let @ZeptoLab and
@Cut_The_Rope know you're frustration.

Aniket Kesarkar

May 20, 2013
Visit site
On 23 April 2015, ZeptoLab released their first non-Xbox game on Windows Phone, Cut the Rope 2, the sequel to Xbox WP games, Cut the Rope and Cut the Rope Exp. This is a big disappointment as it marks another third-party publisher who previously supported Xbox WP gaming who has now abandoned it. Be sure to let @ZeptoLab and
@Cut_The_Rope know you're frustration.
I am in. #SaveXboxWP

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 27 April 2015, Game Troopers released third-person shooter Overkill 3, their third straight Xbox game for Windows Phone. Be sure to thank @gametrooperswp for their support of #SaveXboxWP!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 27 April 2015, consistent, but sporadic, supporter of Xbox gaming on WP, Square Enix, released their fifth straight Xbox title, Hitman G0. This is the second Xbox WP game to launch today! Thank @SquareEnix on Twitter via #SaveXboxWP and pick up some of their other Xbox Titles too (Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy 3, Chaos Rings, and Koozac).

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 27 April 2015, Sirvo LLC finally brought their popular puzzle game, Threes!, to Windows Phone, but, despite being an Xbox One game, it has no such Xbox Live integration on Windows Phone. This is a huge missed opportunity for Microsoft, Windows Phone, and Sirvo LLC. Very disappointing that Microsoft cannot even get developers who have already published on Xbox One to re-publish the same game with Xbox integration on Windows Phone. Let @ThreesGame know you want Xbox integration patched in.

Last edited:

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 30 April 2015, ustwo brought their acclaimed mobile game, Monument Valley, to Windows Phone, unfortunately, without Xbox Live integration. As is the case with King's Candy Crush Saga and Sirvo's Threes, this is another huge missed opportunity by Microsoft to have a famous mobile game from iOS and Android come to Windows Phone more than a year later but without extra, definitive features like Xbox achievements. Be sure to let @ustwogames know that you'd like them to patch in Xbox achievements.

Last edited:

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
On 1 May 2015, the popular Frogger-knock off, Crossy Road, originally from Hipster Whale, made its official debut on Windows Phone and Windows 8/RT via Yodo1 Games. Unfortunately, it launched without Xbox integration, making it another huge missed opportunity by Microsoft to compensate for the long delay between games' original launches on other platforms by using Xbox integration to make it the definitive version of the game. Be sure to ping @Yodo1Games and @CrossyRoad on Twitter to ask them to patch in Xbox integration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos