[#SaveXboxWP] Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend. #SaveXboxWP

Devs are way too lazy to create some pointless achievements :/

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Asphalt 8 is NOT an Xbox Title: Let's Mobilize to Reverse the Trend. #SaveXboxWP

Paul reported today that Namco Banda's Xbox-enabled Windows Phone game Galaga Legions DX has been delisted. This is the 4th Xbox on WP game to be delisted in 2014, in comparison to 3 games added, for a net of -1 Xbox game! That's not good. Help us lambaste Microsoft on Twitter.

Hello Coip!I am the admin of a facebook page related to WindowsPhone News. :)
Recently,I have posted a status update asking people if they are in support of xbox games?Alot of people have replied in a very short period of time and more will reply soon.Most are in favor of more xbox games.I have asked the question in a very unbiased way but I have told my viewers that I am whole-heartedly in support of xbox games for wp :smile:
You can see people's responses here,feel free to promote/mention your #SavexboxWP campaign but please dont post more than once,the other admin bans people who comment the same thing twice even if for a good cause.
I invite you and your viewers to attend this facebook status update and freely post your views and see others(But please no abusing or verbal attacks)
Here is the link to my page,you have my invite :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/wpnewsupdate/posts/639094839461686?notif_t=like
*NOTE:-Also don't comment that you were invited by any "John Lampard"(It isnt my real name anyway so people will get confused)

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Hello Coip!I am the admin of a facebook page related to WindowsPhone News. :)
Recently,I have posted a status update asking people if they are in support of xbox games?Alot of people have replied in a very short period of time and more will reply soon.Most are in favor of more xbox games.I have asked the question in a very unbiased way but I have told my viewers that I am whole-heartedly in support of xbox games for wp :smile:
You can see people's responses here,feel free to promote/mention your #SavexboxWP campaign but please dont post more than once,the other admin bans people who comment the same thing twice even if for a good cause.
I invite you and your viewers to attend this facebook status update and freely post your views and see others(But please no abusing or verbal attacks)
Here is the link to my page,you have my invite :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/wpnewsupdate/posts/639094839461686?notif_t=like
*NOTE:-Also don't comment that you were invited by any "John Lampard"(It isnt my real name anyway so people will get confused)

Hi. This is great. It's good to see so many other people that appreciate Xbox gaming on Windows Phone. Someone please feel free to link them here so they can learn about the #SaveXboxWP movement and how to participate. The more participants the better!

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Today Microsoft Studios launched Xbox-enabled puzzle game Hexic on both Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8, with pause-and-play features across the two platforms! We've know this game was coming to Windows 8 for a few months now, as it had been in soft-launch status, but the Windows Phone version was a huge surprise! This is a follow-up to their other excellent puzzle game, Hexic Rush (which I loved, so I've been eagerly waiting for this new version of Hexic for quite some time), also on Windows Phone. Be sure to thank Microsoft on Twitter, even though this is only the 4th Xbox game on WP released in 2014 so far.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

In advertising the benefits of Windows Phone 8.1, Microsoft put together an official list of "6 Reasons to Choose Windows Phone" (there are way more than 6 listed, though). Under the heading for #4 it boasts that Windows Phone is an "Xbox in your pocket", advertising as unique features the benefits of Xbox gaming, Xbox music, and Xbox video:

Windows Phone is the only phone with Xbox built-in. On Xbox Live you can stay connected to gaming achievements, friends, and multiplayer action, all across your phone, PC, and console.3 Don’t forget about Xbox Music and Xbox Video, which allow you to bring your favorite music and movies wherever you go. With Xbox in your pocket, you’ll always be entertained.

This seems like a good sign for Xbox gaming on WP. After all, why create a new website for the new Windows Phone update that specifically mentions how Xbox gaming is an exclusive feature to WP if, in line with earlier rumors, they are planning on bringing Xbox gaming to Android and iOS? Seems unlikely. That said, they also boast about Xbox Music and Xbox Video, both of which are already multiplatform, so perhaps I'm reading into this too much, especially if you really interpret it literally: "the only phone with Xbox built-in". I suppose that means that Xbox gaming can still come to Android and iOS and this statement would still be true because Xbox gaming wouldn't be "built-in" to those platforms.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

New Xbox game(paid) on Windows Phone Store.I don't know why WPC has not reported it yet.But I have sent them a news tip.
Drop 7 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I havent downloaded it though as it is paid :(

I don't think this is an Xbox live game, more over a try by the developer to trick users.
Because if it was Xbox, it will show "requires:Xbox", not shown in this case.
But I can be wrong.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Yeah,that is strange :eek: and could be true considering MS' lazy and wrong certification lately.
But nobody has mentioned something like that in the reviews,anyways let's hope and wait for an official confirmation from WPC :)

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Age of Empires: World Domination, a Microsoft-owned intellectual property, is expected to come to Windows Phone this summer. The problems? 1) no Xbox Live integration has been confirmed yet, and I'm worried it won't be because of the other problem: 2) it's also coming to iOS and Android! boo! So, I'm calling out Microsoft on Twitter telling them to ensure the WP version has Xbox integration and the iOS and Android versions do not, but also encouraging them to cancel the iOS and Android versions entirely (it won't happen, but I want them to know we're pissed about it). Best case scenario: The game launches on WP only, and with Xbox.
Acceptable scenario: The game launches on all platforms but only the WP version has Xbox integration.
Almost worst case scenario: The game launches on all platforms and all versions have Xbox integration.
Worst case scenario: The game launches on all platforms without Xbox integration.

The Twitter account for the game is https://twitter.com/aoewd

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm not getting it. The animation and graphics suck

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

Age of Empires: World Domination, a Microsoft-owned intellectual property, is expected to come to Windows Phone this summer. The problems? 1) no Xbox Live integration has been confirmed yet, and I'm worried it won't be because of the other problem: 2) it's also coming to iOS and Android! boo! So, I'm calling out Microsoft on Twitter telling them to ensure the WP version has Xbox integration and the iOS and Android versions do not, but also encouraging them to cancel the iOS and Android versions entirely (it won't happen, but I want them to know we're pissed about it). Best case scenario: The game launches on WP only, and with Xbox.
Acceptable scenario: The game launches on all platforms but only the WP version has Xbox integration.
Almost worst case scenario: The game launches on all platforms and all versions have Xbox integration.
Worst case scenario: The game launches on all platforms without Xbox integration.

The Twitter account for the game is https://twitter.com/aoewd

Why on earth would you lobby against an app or a feature appearing on Android and iOS? How do you think that would add to the sum of human happiness?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Why on earth would you lobby against an app or a feature appearing on Android and iOS? How do you think that would add to the sum of human happiness?

It is discussed earlier in this very thread why releasing Xbox games for competing platforms is bad for Windows Phone. And since Windows Phone is a struggling platform with barely any market share, it is badly in need of exclusive content such as high profile games like this to coax consumers into switching over. If consumers don't switch over, eventually Windows Phone will die and the only option that consumers will have is iOS (overpriced) and Android (simply awful), neither of which are appealing to me. More choices is better for consumers. Thus, it's better for "the sum of human happiness" that this game, and other Microsoft IP, are not released on competing platforms.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

It is discussed earlier in this very thread why releasing Xbox games for competing platforms is bad for Windows Phone. And since Windows Phone is a struggling platform with barely any market share, it is badly in need of exclusive content such as high profile games like this to coax consumers into switching over. If consumers don't switch over, eventually Windows Phone will die and the only option that consumers will have is iOS (overpriced) and Android (simply awful), neither of which are appealing to me. More choices is better for consumers. Thus, it's better for "the sum of human happiness" that this game, and other Microsoft IP, are not released on competing platforms.

As I have said before, if the only reason for people to switch to WP is that one company has artificially restricted their apps to the platform in a desparate attempt to get someone to buy it, then it deserves to fail. Surely if Android is 'simply awful' and iOS is 'overpriced', people will already be flocking to WP?

Don't you think it would be bad for Xbox games to limit them to the least popular mobile OS?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

As I have said before, if the only reason for people to switch to WP is that one company has artificially restricted their apps to the platform in a desparate attempt to get someone to buy it, then it deserves to fail. Surely if Android is 'simply awful' and iOS is 'overpriced', people will already be flocking to WP?

Don't you think it would be bad for Xbox games to limit them to the least popular mobile OS?

By your logic, Microsoft should start releasing Xbox games for PlayStation 3 and Wii, both of which outsold the Xbox 360, as well as for PS4 and Wii U, both of which are currently outselling the Xbox One. Clearly you can see how that makes zero sense for Microsoft to do that. If they released all their games for those enemy platforms, there would be zero reason to buy an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One. Same holds true for any exclusive app in the mobile realm as well. If you want to talk about a company restricting availability of apps, look no further than Google itself, which has yet to bring over any of its major apps to Windows Phone and which has vehemently blocked Microsoft from doing so for them.

To answer your question, it is not bad for Xbox for Microsoft to limit them to the systems they have control over. That way, they can control the ecosystem and mold it in the way they best see fit. If they bring them to other ecosystems, not only do they lose out on revenue, but they also lose out on creative control.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday Rovio released their second consecutive non-Xbox enabled game for Windows Phone, Bad Piggies. Rovio used to be on the Xbox bandwagon but jumped off with the release of Angry Birds Go a few months ago. Be sure to tell Rovio on Twitter that this is not okay.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

Ok, if a company has an inferior product, it might make sense to try this. But WP is not an inferior product, right?

Regardless, I still have no idea why a customer would want this.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday Rovio released their second consecutive non-Xbox enabled game for Windows Phone, Bad Piggies. Rovio used to be on the Xbox bandwagon but jumped off with the release of Angry Birds Go a few months ago. Be sure to tell Rovio on Twitter that this is not okay.

Why does it matter if it's 'Xbox enabled'? You still get to play the game.
Maybe better to lobby Microsoft to make their Xbox programme more attractive to third parties.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Ok, if a company has an inferior product, it might make sense to try this. But WP is not an inferior product, right? Regardless, I still have no idea why a customer would want this.

WP is not an inferior product; it is superior. But that alone is rarely enough to succeed. People don't like change and convincing them to switch from a good product like iOS to a better one like Windows Phone isn't easy. You need as many incentives as possible, and one of the big ones is exclusive apps and features. I explained already in my previous two posts why a user would want exclusivity. Please re-read them.

Why does it matter if it's 'Xbox enabled'? You still get to play the game.
Maybe better to lobby Microsoft to make their Xbox programme more attractive to third parties.

Have you read the other posts in this thread, particularly the original one? This entire thread is about why it matters if a game is Xbox enabled and how we are currently lobbying Microsoft to revise the Xbox certification process to make it more enticing to third-party developers.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Good news, everyone! Microsoft Studios has finally ported over their flagship Xbox game on WP7, The Harvest, to WP8! It's not a new Xbox game, technically, but many WP8 users never had WP7 so this is new to them.

Also, for those of you who loathe the stupid change in WP8.1 where all games are installed in the app list instead of the Games Hub, there is a Uservoice post campaigning against it here.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site

On 29 April 2014, Gameloft released their sixth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone, Captain America: TWS. Let Gameloft know how much business they're missing out on by tweeting them.

On 6 May 2014, Microsoft Studios released Xbox-enabled pseudo-sequel to Wordament, Snap Attack. However, it was also announced the game would be coming to enemy platforms iOS and Android as well. Let Microsoft know they need to keep their IP exclusive to Windows Phone!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers