Screen Lag after 7.8 update

Sridhar V

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Anybody notice that the there is an overall lag after the update to 7.8. The screen does not scroll the super quick way it used to be in 7.5, both the start and app screen although the lag is more apparent on the app screen. The keyboard is not as responsive as well. And whats with the ENG/ENU button right next to the space bar!!

topcms

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having that issue either. the problem i'm having is with the responsiveness of the apps. it's taking too long to respond after the click. i'm going to make a video on that. I hope microsoft fix that and i hope too that it's not a problem with the hardware being to slow for so many tiles.

AtOmIc031

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes the lag is present. It manifests it's self in two ways. First there is the input lag, which means when I tap on a tile I have to wait a few seconds to get the animation, and the second one is animation/application load lag, which makes load times longer. For example when I tap an app it takes 2 seconds to get to the animation faze, and in scenario no 2 if the app loaded in 3 seconds on 7.5 now it loads in 6 seconds. Also I noticed that some apps just work slower than before.

Now after the 2 updates they almost managed to fix this issues completely, but overall the system still works a bit slower than before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss