screen no longer auto rotates

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
The rotation lock is not turned on. Have shut down and restarted. Tried running sensor troubleshooter, but kept getting scripted diagnostics has stopped. Now running sfc /scannow. Hope this fixes it. Has anyone else had this problem? This is the first time I have had this one.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Tried several things to fix it. Finally restored to right before the last update and it worked! Love these updates that fix one thing and break several others.

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Reinstalled the last updated again and this time they appear to be working so far.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever try disabling fast startup? I have auto-rotation and windows hello (among other things) broken after the SB has hibernated under certain circumstances. Because fast startup basically stores the kernel state for quicker loading, even shutting down and rebooting won't fix some of these issues, but disabling fast startup forces it to reload everything, thus "fixing" what really was only sort-of broken in the first place. If you ever have this issue recur, you might try disabling fast startup and THEN reboot ;-).

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, didn't even think about fast startup! Will definitely try that next time. Hope they get Hello working again soon.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, didn't even think about fast startup! Will definitely try that next time. Hope they get Hello working again soon.

Me too ... I hate having to restart my SB every time Windows Hello can't turn the camera on. It's getting SO annoying!

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Started again. Tried taking off fast startup and it didn't work. Guess I will have to restore again. Ugggg

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
This is getting old. The only thing that fixes the auto rotates is system restore and then it will work for a little while and then stop. Guess I may try to reset the SB and see if it lasts after that. I am getting so aggravated with it.

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm starting to think this has something to do with my external monitor on my docking station. Screen rotation is working fine for now. I will see what happens when I get home and connect to my docking station and monitor.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting. I haven't hooked my SB up to a dock. I used to use the mini-DP out on the side to hook up to an external monitor, but it's been several months since I've done that. I relegated my SB to a secondary device due to its unreliable nature (I built a new desktop for myself because I really needed something that would work consistently, especially because I half expected my SB to just die on me one day after a BSOD or failing to wake from hibernation or something).

win2000b

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft released new updates last night to address rotation and hello issues. Suggest updating and try again,.

Last edited:

ccpopham

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I updated this morning and will give try hooking it up to my docking this evening to see if this fixed the issue.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I updated this morning and will give try hooking it up to my docking this evening to see if this fixed the issue.

Please do report back if the updates fixed this for you. So far, I'm doing well with the new updates, though the sleep shutdown issue still apparently exists, at least for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte