SD Card and APPs

Ciprian Cristea

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I need a little help with a problem. I have a Lumia 520 with Windows Phone 8.1 and i moved all my application on my 2GB SD Card and now i want to change my SD Card with another with a bigger space (16 GB). My question is how i move all my data from old SD to the new one (including APPS, MAPS). I wanted to backup my card but i can't see APPS, MAPS.

Thanks in advance,

With respect,

Ciprian Cristea

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
If you go to settings>backup , you'll see there's an option for 'apps+settings'. I've never tried it myself. It probably won't save your whole app/game in the cloud, but it will save your app data. Again, i'm not sure about this but give it a try.

You could always move them over to the phone, if you have enough space. After you insert the new SD, just move it back to the SD again.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Maps- You're probably using the Lumia storage beta app to save them on your S.D. Card. You probably need to connect your phone to a PC and back up the "map data" folder somewhere. I'm not sure though.
2. Apps- Keep in mind that directly replacing the SD card containing apps with a new one will result in a bug which will prevent you from installing that app ever again (until you hard reset). Tread carefully.

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
A tedious (but safe) method would be to transfer the apps to the phone memory from the old SD card and then popping in the new one and moving the apps again.

shrinivasan p

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
A tedious (but safe) method would be to transfer the apps to the phone memory from the old SD card and then popping in the new one and moving the apps again.

Yup, this is the only one method that works.
I tried to transfer maps data to the PC, but when I transferred to the phone, nothing remained, and I had to d/load all the maps afresh !
Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers