"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't make sense. If we receive it the 13th that means it already has to be in the hands of FedEx or UPS. The track order page still says Verizon has my phone so it's not at the shipment facility.

The rep told me all of the phones are already at FedEx! It just depends on when THEY get it out to us!

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The rep told me all of the phones are already at FedEx! It just depends on when THEY get it out to us!

If that were true, you'd already have a tracking number for your order. I'd just resign myself to seeing the phone on the 15th. If it shows up early, consider it a win.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

On other threads on here are pointing out, you can't count on the reps, they are clueless. They said the 822 didn't have wireless charging. Trust me, I want to get the phone as badly as you do but there is no evidence that FedEx has the phones while there's plenty that says they are yet to be shipped.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes and no. The only thing worse than FedEx tracking is USPS tracking.

Lol, true. I've had USPS tracking information not be available until after I've received the package.

What I mean though is that Verizon would be able to provide you with a tracking number if the phones had already left their warehouse and were in FedEx's possession. All packages that would be shipped would already have a label and associated tracking number by the time FedEx picked them up.

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I noticed I had some stuff shipping tomorrow. Peaked my interest..go check both of their website holiday schedules...business as usual on Veterans day. Fedex site even makes a point to list it separate and state regular picking up and deliveries.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I noticed I had some stuff shipping tomorrow. Peaked my interest..go check both of their website holiday schedules...business as usual on Veterans day. Fedex site even makes a point to list it separate and state regular picking up and deliveries.

I can't seem to find it...mind providing a link? Thanks

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Holiday Schedule - Holiday Hours

FedEx provides normal pickup and delivery service on these national holidays:
Jan. 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Feb. 20: Presidents Day
April 6: Good Friday
Oct. 8: Columbus Day
Nov. 12: Veterans Day (observed)

UPS: Days of Operation

In addition, the following holidays are recognized, but not observed:
Veteran's Day - November 11, 2012

You are correct, so maybe there is a chance they could ship tomorrow. As much as I would like it I don't know how possible it is. Verizon usually has overnight shipping to.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree -- FedEx will be shipping today! I'm hoping they get out today! That Otterbox looks nice, maybe they'll have the Commuter out soon?

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So I just called Verizon. The lady I spoke to said that mine was packed and ready to ship today. They were just waiting for the shipping label and pick up form FedEx. She also said that these were shipping direct from the supplier and not a Verizon warehouse. So I am going to keep checking today and see if my status changes or if I get a confirmation email about them shipping it.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
OK so now I am worried. It now says on my Order status page "Expected Ship Date: 11/16/2012" Before it didnt have any date. I really hope I do not have to wait till next week. GGGGRRRR Maybe I should just cancel and go get it at the store.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
So I just called Verizon. The lady I spoke to said that mine was packed and ready to ship today. They were just waiting for the shipping label and pick up form FedEx. She also said that these were shipping direct from the supplier and not a Verizon warehouse. So I am going to keep checking today and see if my status changes or if I get a confirmation email about them shipping it.

She was blowing smoke. Every shipment comes from our warehouse, either in Pennsylvania or Memphis

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

to81mn514

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with a customer service agent and was told I will have my phone tomorrow! Great way to start the day if you ask me!

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I just checked...my expected ship date is still the 13th. If they come from PA I'm in Ohio so it shouldn't take that long.

How can a rep tell exactly what do it will be shipped on?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers