Should I buy camera grip for Lumia 1020?

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Normal flip cover?

Camera grip cost 499kr in Sweden = 75,79$

Normal Solid good flip = 249kr = 38$

Can I use the camera grip all time? Does it work in normal pants?

Will there be any Nokia camera grip 2.0?

Did you regret buying it?

Last edited by a moderator:

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should i buy camera grip or...

You can use it all the time, as for the fit, it depends on what you consider normal pants. It fits in the ones I wear (not jeans).

Will there be any Nokia camera grip 2.0? I would not count on it. i.e. extremely unlikely.

Not for a second. It is priceless when you need that extra bit of juice, or when you want to use a tripod; plus its great for taking pics one handed.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

I have the camera grip case, and I really like it, I mean, this isn't just any third party case, it was made by Nokia and its design goes hand in hand in transforming your phone into a real digital camera shooter. The built in battery gives your phone about a 40% boost I'd say. With the case on it still fits in my pocket good but I prefer to have the case off when I'm texting because the bottom of the phone sticks out and is uncomfortable for my hand.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

You can use it all the time, as for the fit, it depends on what you consider normal pants. It fits in the ones I wear (not jeans).

Will there be any Nokia camera grip 2.0? I would not count on it. i.e. extremely unlikely.

Not for a second. It is priceless when you need that extra bit of juice, or when you want to use a tripod; plus its great for taking pics one handed.

The blue part made me laugh hard LOL.

Could only imagine this,
il_570xN.454313237_ky42.jpg

quachhanthanh

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Normal flip cover?

Camera grip cost 499kr in Sweden = 75,79$

Normal Solid good flip = 249kr = 38$

Will there be any Nokia camera grip 2.0?

The grip is very useful. I had some trips with my lumia and its grip and i can use one hand to take the photos comfortably. If u want to take some landscape photos, it can be use to connect with a tripod. And lumia 1020 battery drains so fast when u taking photos, if u dont have a grip, u should bring a battery box for 1020 man. So not regret.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Will buy it next week for 60$
Got a black 1020. Should I buy white or black grip!? Bought a white plastic cover for my Lumia 920 and it got dirty really fast. Same problem with the white grip?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
$60 is good. Every now and then, you can catch a random color for ~$55 through Amazon. I have yet to see white at this discount! Ugh.

If you can find the white for $60, please PM me. :) (I dont know if posting store links is allowed...)

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
$60 is good. Every now and then, you can catch a random color for ~$55 through Amazon. I have yet to see white at this discount! Ugh.

If you can find the white for $60, please PM me. :) (I dont know if posting store links is allowed...)
If you follow the link in WPCentral blog about the $12 Nokia charging plates, the white camera grip is listed for $30.

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
If you follow the link in WPCentral blog about the $12 Nokia charging plates, the white camera grip is listed for $30.

Just got my camera grip the other day. It definitely makes it nice for taking photos as it feels more natural and the extra battery is nice too.

Sent from my Xperia? Tablet Z

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Got my camera grip free after the mail in rebate with my 1020

...wait..... Did I forget to mail that damn thing in??? Errrrghh

mixxxk

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the grip with the 1020 since launch. It does feel nice, and appears to allow battery last longer. I left the grip on all the time, and suddenly the other day it will no longer charge :( Now, I've been going a few days without it, and while I miss the comfort of the grip, I really don't see that much of a difference of battery life.

mobile divide

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a 1020 for months and then a few weeks ago bought the camera grip on a $55 amazon sale. Its not a daily use but for those days (nights) when you know you are going to be taking a lot of pictures it really is pretty great. It makes one handed photos easy and the extra battery life is great.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

ugh, I did not want to hear that... LOL. I got sick of waiting for the white one to get on sale, so I paid full price at Amazon. I feel like I got raped now.

Aldorfin

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on your needs. I wouldn't use mine daily because of the added bulk but It's been awesome during my travelling this christmas holiday. I got mine free but since the camera is what makes me want to use the 1020 I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro