Should I get microsoft complete for my sp2

vipkl

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The staff at my local Microsoft Store called this the "consumer" extended warranty, and mentioned that they also offer two "business" extended warranties. Both business warranties are for 3 years (instead of 2) -- there's a $300 policy that also covers 2 instances of accidental damage, but without any deductible. So if you do use up 2 incidents, you'd end up paying $250 for the consumer warranty for 2 years, vs $300 for 3 years...

The other business warranty is cheaper but doesn't cover accidental damage. I forget the price since I wasn't interested...

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The staff at my local Microsoft Store called this the "consumer" extended warranty, and mentioned that they also offer two "business" extended warranties. Both business warranties are for 3 years (instead of 2) -- there's a $300 policy that also covers 2 instances of accidental damage, but without any deductible. So if you do use up 2 incidents, you'd end up paying $250 for the consumer warranty for 2 years, vs $300 for 3 years...

The other business warranty is cheaper but doesn't cover accidental damage. I forget the price since I wasn't interested...

Aha! I new back with the Surface Pro 1, I saw 3 year Microsoft Complete extended warranty, which was 300$ no deductible... then it disappeared at some point... and I think this is when Microsoft made the Business section Surface page. So now we where it ended up.

dudeoffnet

May 25, 2014
Visit site
So I just Bought a tablet with Microsoft Complete thinking that if I damaged it they would replace it on the spot. 2 weeks later I dropped the tablet on the floor shattering the screen. IT has been at the Microsoft store here in Boston for 1 week now "getting inspected". I keep calling and they tell me it will probably be 2 weeks before it "goes through" Meanwhile I am without a tablet. This is a very inefficient warranty plan, When I bought it was under the impression that if I was traveling and had a catastrophic accident they would replace it on the spot. So far I have been very unimpressed with the warranty plan I would not do it again. 100$ for a 400$ machine and I have to pay 50 $ deductible and wait 2 weeks. I would probably just buy another machine and eat the cost, I am not one who frequently drops tablets, this was an isolated incident, but still the wait was not expected when I forked over the cash for the plan in the first place.
:unhappysweat:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254