Should I get my GF a Samsung Ativ S, 920 or 8X?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
8X and Ativ seems to work with her better.figure out what she does the most on her GS3, if the exclusive samsung apps or skyping was of more use.

I personally say the 8X suits her better. Is a stylish phone, Skype with that camera also benefits you while you are not together and she has beats headphone to take care of the phone.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I think you should get your girlfriend a diamond ring
28le7oy.jpg

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Probably would be better off with the 8X because that FFC cannot be beat, the rear camera is also similar in specs to the 920 minus pureview but it has an HTC Imagechip which should help with the sharpness and speed of her pics. It's also a better fit because of the beats audio software that would work best with beats headphones. Don't think losing ChatON would be a big deal as there are alternatives. Best bet would be to check them all out in the store but for now I'll say the 8X.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Probably would be better off with the 8X because that FFC cannot be beat, the rear camera is also similar in specs to the 920 minus pureview but it has an HTC Imagechip which should help with the sharpness and speed of her pics. It's also a better fit because of the beats audio software that would work best with beats headphones. Don't think losing ChatON would be a big deal as there are alternatives. Best bet would be to check them all out in the store but for now I'll say the 8X.

Thanks. Eric. I'll get the 8X then

Jordan (12Danny123's girlfriend)

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 if she cares about call quality and signal reception too. In my experience. Nokia has superior call quality and signal reception to Samsung and HTC.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, the L920 will fit her needs as it is a good camera for a smartphone. Although I do think as a lady, the weight of the phone will play a huge part in determining which phone she will get.

It's about your gf's needs. Ask her what she needs for a phone.

1) Any person who claims to be a photographer and chooses a phone for its camera is NOT a photographer. It is still just a phone which happens to have a camera that is a step up on other phones. Even the lowest end DSLR and any reasonably advanced P&S camera will leave the Nokia in the dust.
2) Commenting about the weight of the phone being a "huge" factor for a "lady" is sexist in the extreme.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
1) Any person who claims to be a photographer and chooses a phone for its camera is NOT a photographer. It is still just a phone which happens to have a camera that is a step up on other phones. Even the lowest end DSLR and any reasonably advanced P&S camera will leave the Nokia in the dust.
2) Commenting about the weight of the phone being a "huge" factor for a "lady" is sexist in the extreme.

1) sure. But the best camera is the one with you. P&S like the LX-7, sure, I can't argue with the portability. But DSLR? Come on.

2) If you insist. I find no fault with my comment as that is what I have been asked about the most from my female friends who ask me about phones. If that sounded politically incorrect, I make no apologies for it.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm with tomatoes11, my first choice would be the 920. However, it won't launch on Verizon so my 2nd choice would be the ATIV, followed by the 8X (I actually think the 8S looks way, way better... actually better then all the top phones... but it doesn't have the specs the others have.)

The ATIV has a larger screen and battery then the 8X and double the storage PLUS the ability to add more via a SD card.

Yeah it's a shame about the low spec... The design is gorgeous! If they'd included an ffc I would've bought one for sure!

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I love the HTC Super LCD 2 screen. It's the best on the market and makes a BIG difference.

Not to say that SAMOLED is bad... but SLCD2... gorgeous!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria