Should I update to Cyan coming from the Developer Preview?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I did make a previous thread but it was in the wrong place so apologies :/

I was just wondering if there was anyone who was on the DP w/ Black firmware and decided to hard-reset and downgrade so they could update to Cyan firmware. If so, any improvements noted? I've seen quite a few threads with issues on Cyan regarding the camera, so I'm just using up whether it's worth the hard-reset (I get the stutters around the OS, sometimes it randomly reboots but otherwise it's mostly fine).

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
YES. I did it. it took forever, but I wanted the Bluetooth LE back on for my fitbit app. I got tired of waiting for MS to fix the bitlocker issue.

I just re-activated the program after the update to get update1 (app folders)

I even got another update last night - not sure what that gave me though

camera issues - it seems to be having an issue with auto-focus since the update - it's a PITA, not sure if others are seeing it or not

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
YES. I did it. it took forever, but I wanted the Bluetooth LE back on for my fitbit app. I got tired of waiting for MS to fix the bitlocker issue.

I just re-activated the program after the update to get update1 (app folders)

I even got another update last night - not sure what that gave me though

camera issues - it seems to be having an issue with auto-focus since the update - it's a PITA, not sure if others are seeing it or not

Did you start fresh or restore from a backup? If so, what was it like in comparison to how your phone was set-up before in terms of settings, accounts and apps? Any noticeable improvements in performance?

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you start fresh or restore from a backup? If so, what was it like in comparison to how your phone was set-up before in terms of settings, accounts and apps? Any noticeable improvements in performance?

I restored from the backup and it pulled back all the previous apps and favorite photo's - the only thing that annoyed me was when I copied back my photo's - (the non-favorited camera-roll and saved pictures) I lost all the date information (ctime?) so they are now completely out of order on the camera roll - that sucks

also a fair number of app's needed re-configuring - not much got pulled back - but at least the apps I had when the backup was taken got reinstalled automatically

phone seems pretty much the same in terms of performance, not noticeable to me anyway

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I restored from the backup and it pulled back all the previous apps and favorite photo's - the only thing that annoyed me was when I copied back my photo's - (the non-favorited camera-roll and saved pictures) I lost all the date information (ctime?) so they are now completely out of order on the camera roll - that sucks

also a fair number of app's needed re-configuring - not much got pulled back - but at least the apps I had when the backup was taken got reinstalled automatically

phone seems pretty much the same in terms of performance, not noticeable to me anyway

Hmm, I was hoping it might alleviate some of the stutters I've been getting with the DP. Ah well, I'll just wait for the Bitlocker fix then :p

miarkus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 was constantly loosing glance clock - it was just bouncing outside of the screen viewport. I reported that few times and they fixed that with cyan. Also battery lasts longer and since the upgrade I have never experienced a battery drain issue nor any overheating. It might be due to hard reset and not cyan upgrade but in overall I'm very happy. Finally I feel the phone is very stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss