Since upgrading to Windows 10 x64, I have no Audio. How can I get it back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Since upgrading to Windows 10 x64, I have no Audio :-(

Hi there. I held off to upgrade to Windows 10 until I thought it was safe. My motherboard manufacture said it was Window 10 ready, so I upgraded over the weekend. Now I have no audio. This is bad, because this is our media center for our house hold. As a quick fix I purchased a replacement sound card that has Windows 10 x64 drivers on their website. I installed it today, installed the newest drivers, and still no audio. I hooked multiple speakers to it and no sound. I hooked the speakers to my TV and play a regular show, and there is no problem there. Just no audio from my computer.

I'm hoping I can assist with some help here :-(

Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0

The additional sound card I just put on to try to get Audio working is an Asus Xonar DGX PCIE 5.1 Audio card.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Since upgrading to Windows 10 x64, I have no Audio :-(

Your problem is that your driver installed by the windows is like a generic one and it will not do much. I had the same issue.
Look up driver identifier on the net and install and run as admin it will search for the best drivers to suit your device. Download it install and restart to fix the issue. The same with other devices if you think is not working like it should be it will show up in the driver identifier.

Here is the link Driver Identifier - The largest driver collection for all laptops & desktops.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes