slight change to keyboard layout

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey all

so in an earlier post I'd asked if there were any alternatives to the standard keyboard layout on the 1520. Short answer, there's not........however.....

my biggest problem with the keyboard was where the comma key was (next to the space bar on the right).

This was different to the layout on my lumia 800, where the comma key was on the left. I also found the space bar key to be quite short, considering the overall size of the keyboard. Frankly, I was making constant typing errors by hitting the comma key all the time. It's really hard to get used to a new keyboard layout when you've been using one standard layout for 2 years.

The main issue was the additional language change key. It's right where the comma key used to be on my lumia 800.

Good news.......

Turns out this can be changed. If you go into settings - keyboard, you can remove the additional language option.

This will remove the language change key from your keyboard, put the comma back on the left and make the space bar bigger.

Hope this helps for anyone else making the switch from wp7 to 8 ��

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't get why they merge the language keyboard button with the spacebar...like hold it down and a pop-up menu appears to switch

Jerrycw

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Being a non native English speaker I need to have the additional keyboard of my home language. I knew about this alternative but its just not for me. Ay first I would always backspace to correct my comma as space, now I just leave the comma and let my friends get used to it themselves

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)