Small issue with touch sensitivity

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the 1520, or nokias in general, or whatever type of glass it has, but it doesn't seem to pick up my touches very well... or at least not as well as my HTC Titan did.

The titan was very receptive to small taps w/my finger, and the 1520 doesn't seem to want to register those. Also, there have been quite a few times when I try to swipe my screen and instead it interprets it as a tap.

Anyone else notice issues like this? Again, the last WP I had was the HTC Titan from 2 years ago, running WP7.5 and has a S-LCD screen on gorilla glass 2.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing and it's pretty annoying. I tried changing touch sensitivity but that hasn't made much difference.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Odd, I've never experienced that on my 920 or 1520. I keep my touch sensitivity down since the is no need to have gloves in Florida.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm also seeing this, regardless of touch sensitivity. First Nokia phone. Only other phone that had this issue was the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, and it was fixed with a software update. And I've had a lot of phones. :)

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm also seeing this, regardless of touch sensitivity. First Nokia phone. Only other phone that had this issue was the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, and it was fixed with a software update. And I've had a lot of phones. :)
Hmmm.. Let's hope this gets fixed through some software then. I was kind of wondering if the problem was just me or just my phone because I haven't heard of this issue on ANY of the review sites. of course, I think the review sites got the non ATT ones... So that could be something as well

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm.. Let's hope this gets fixed through some software then. I was kind of wondering if the problem was just me or just my phone because I haven't heard of this issue on ANY of the review sites. of course, I think the review sites got the non ATT ones... So that could be something as well

Although I wouldn't assume it'll happen. Certainly less likely if there aren't enough complaints and/or reports about it. I'll be contacting Nokia directly on Monday regarding the issue. I strongly suggest everybody else with the issue do the same through the support method of your choice.

Contact Nokia Support - Nokia - USA

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing this issue. After all the headaches I went through to finally get the phone, I was really disappointed with the touch issue. Hope a fix is on the way.

omegafiler

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, that was a waste of time. :) I used the chat and phone support and both seem to be rather useless. They just suggest the same soft and hard reset steps. If that doesn't fix your issue, exchange it. I did explain this was a more widespread issue, but they didn't seem to know what to do about it. I asked them to escalate it, but I'm skeptical that will help (or happen). I'll probably move to the discussion boards... but not optimistic on a resolution anytime soon.

lemonsteveo

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 1520 international version and just want to chime in on the issue. It's quite annoying especially on the start screen when I want to scroll it opens up the wrong app instead. I thought it was my screen protector, but seems more like a bug now.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
After using mine for a week... it's happening very infrequently. I'm going to chock this one up to the fact that the screen is different and took some getting used to over my titan.

Sami Hussein

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
this is so annoying ... I have this problem too ... don't know what to do to solve it
I reduced the touch sensitivity removed all of the apps running in background, flashed my device with other firmwares, removed my protector as well ... NO HOPE !
i'm so upset of this.
if any one doesn't have this issue, please send me his product code or firmware version to download it and use it.

Ganesh Venkat

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been using my 920 for over a year now and all i can tell is i have been having this issue only after i installed the gdr3 preview .or atleast i think i noticed this issue only after the update..it would be helpful if you people who are experiencing this issue could post your software and firmware versions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)