Smartwatches that are compatible with Windows Phone?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Considering this is a funded project like Pebble there's going to be delays. You must forgotten how long it took for Pebble to get watches it to backers. What else would you expect. Did you back them?

Hi, yes I backed them since the beginning. I can fully understand the delays this is a kickstarter project. What pissed me off is that from the beginning they said that they were the only ones that their watch was compatible with WP. Then when they had their first delay that's when all the lying started. If you go and take a look at their Facebook page, you will read their last post, the one just before that they replied to some comments that they were still aiming for the April shipping month, then 4 hours later they send an email saying that they are waiting for parts, it will then need to be assemble, test, boxed and then ship.

A lot of people asked about making some videos, providing pictures, providing more up-to-date information, providing info about the SDK, which shipping company they will use...etc. And most if not all of them, they never got answered or they provided some type of answer which didn't answer the simple question...

During all that time, we saw a total of about 5 videos about the watch.
- first one: the original video that shows the watch
- second one: at CES with the iphone test (which a lot ask to do more videos in different scenarios) but never did a video again with the iphone.
- third one: at CES again but that time it was a woman showing the watch and stating that it would be out soon...that was a couple months back.
- fourth one: showing the watch with an Android device (again people ask other videos because it could of easily been fake)
- fifth one: another video with the same watch and android phone but showing them together...

Now I sent some tweets to them, since they said that this watch was compatible with WP. So I asked to them to show it in action. They replied saying that they were working on a video and should be out soon.....couple weeks later, ask again, still the same answer. Somebody posted a comment on their Facebook saying that they replied to somebody else on their forum that WP SHOULD be compatible... So I've asked them again. Now they told me that : We are optimistic that it will work with WP with a firmware update upon release of soon after....WTF!!!! Remember that they said they were the only that created a watch that was compatible with WP....

Anyway, I still hope that they will deliver the watch and that it will be working with WP. Again I understand that delays can happen, changes need to be made during that proceed, but the main point is that they did a very poor job of keeping the backers AND pre-orders clients informed but what is worst is that they LIED to us!

Please take a moment to go to their Facebook page, read the updates that they provided and read the comments with their responses.....copy/paste, copy/paste....etc.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
LOL. I'm interested also. I think 8.1 is gonna make things progress better.

Honestly if they do their watch correctly, I really don't see why the Kreyos would not work with WP8.1.

So for now what I can do is post in this thread when I will have news about that watch and keep you guys posted on that. One day when I will receive mine...hopefully in the next month or so, I will also post back.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
from Kreyos here.
we are excited that Meteor was made compatible with WP. it will be available on launch.
thanks!

It should of already been available when you guys claim since the beginning that it was compatible and video was in the making to show us the backers. Now I know one thing that you could and should do is create yourself a app studio account with Microsoft, install the app Preview for Developers and install WP 8.1 then create a video with your phone and the watch to prove us that it is compatible and also to give your backers and pre-orders people that it actually works!!!!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I got an email from Kreyos this morning. If you didn't have a chance to follow on their Facebook page, here is the info:
------------------------------------------------
Hi Backers,
Short and sweet update today: Great news! The first batch of new speakers we spoke about on our last update (read it here) have already arrived. 5000 new speaker components have been delivered to our production facilities and and the next two batches will arrive in a couple of days. That being said, we're ready to start our first mass production run of the Meteor.
Our production partners will start firing up their assembly lines on May 9. They'll be working non-stop (including weekends), so that we're on track to churn out the first batch of the Meteors between May 15 to May 20. You can expect to see a comprehensive update including photos and videos on mass production, packaging and shipping as we go through this entire process. We'll be posting this update between May 13 to 15.
Additionally, a lot of you have been inquiring about our FCC certification-- for those of you who are unfamiliar, consumer electronics manufacturers such as ourselves need to file for new applications even for the smallest of changes we make to the hardware. That said, we needed to retract our previous applications the last time we made the changes--the internal layout of the microphone and our speakers and the new speakers themselves-- to address the issues we found that ultimately led us to push our target shipping dates back. While we were at it, we also tweaked the voltage on the Meteor's display which led to vast improvements in brightness and overall clarity on the unit.
We have already filed a new application that encompasses all of these changes and expect to get our certification a few days before May 20. That being said, our FCC ID is 2ABLCKM0001. We'll make sure you guys are the first to know once we get accredited. Surely, the Meteors will be FCC, CE and IC-certified before we ship them out to you.
As always, we appreciate everyone's patience as we work on delivering this project. We're rallying towards the finish line and we honestly can't wait to finally get the final product to you. We remain confident that you will receive a superior product and one of the most functional, if not THE most functional and feature-rich sports-specific watches in the market today.
For any questions, email us at support@kreyos.com.
Best regards,
The Kreyos Team

------------------------------------------------

So at least now we have some dates that we can rely on for future news and updates from them. Also they providing their FCC #.

Honestly for once, now I feel a little bit more optomistic about it but they could still hit some speed bumps during the currently and upcoming steps.

From that email no news for WP...

I will keep this thread posted.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Davidson

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I finally cancelled my pre-order. After promising up and down yesterday that there would be an update that day, and then silence on the Facebook page, I just can't trust them anymore.

The fact that we've seen zero proof of anything related to Windows Phone support is just too much for me on a company that I don't feel like I can trust. I don't want a SmartWatch that doesn't integrate with my phone, and I'm afraid that's what they're going to be shipping when they finally do.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I finally cancelled my pre-order. After promising up and down yesterday that there would be an update that day, and then silence on the Facebook page, I just can't trust them anymore.

The fact that we've seen zero proof of anything related to Windows Phone support is just too much for me on a company that I don't feel like I can trust. I don't want a SmartWatch that doesn't integrate with my phone, and I'm afraid that's what they're going to be shipping when they finally do.

I'm thinking the same thing as you! Did you get your refund yet?

Anyway you should see their Twitter account with all the comments from people....ouch!!! At 11h00 PM EST, they said "we are finalizing our update"..................stilll waiting......lol That's not a good sign at all!!!!

Maybe Charlene Chua here from Kreyos could share some information!

Jeffrey Davidson

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
No, not yet - but I just put the request in today.

At least when I pre-ordered something like the Airo Band - https://www.getairo.com/ - when those guys realized they were just over the heads, they refunded everyone's money. At this point, it seems like these guys should have just done that.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm thinking of ordering one of the Kreyos Meteors. Their blog seems to suggest there's some in boxes (nearly) ready to go. Delays with components are probably to be expected. But I'm intrigued by stuff I read about being WP compatible from launch and shipping meant to have started yesterday - specifically I would have expected to see an app in the Store by now...
Wonder whether I should pre-order or not. Decisions, decisions.

jjb4430

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Same boat, I am also concerned about the lack of app in the store. This will probably lead me to wait and not grab one at launch... Which will lead me to consider other products. Why cant they just put up a demo video like they have for android and iOS?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Got a tweet last night saying that they will post an update this week.

If you are looking for more info, visit their facebook page and reads some comments that Kreyos wrote back to the backers.

If I was you, I would wait for the pre-orders since I've been a backer since day one and still waiting for my watch.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
They'll update this week! Promise! Cross my heart! Unless they don't. Because floods, or something.

Even if there is still issues concerning the floods or something else, they should update with any information they have.

I think that the person (or peoples) concerning the communication has changed, since in the Facebook comments, emails, tweets have more details and they answer better to comments on Facebook. Before, the comments were basically copy/paste over and over, now they answer a lot of comments with more info.

Only time will tell when we will receive the watch and also if it is compatible with WP 8/8.1

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Here is another email that Kreyos sent last night

Hi Everyone,

We've finally met up and finalized some details with our logistics partners. And, yes, the good news is that we can ship out the first 5000 units to our US warehouses! We'll then be distributing these initial units from there.

More good news: our FCC certification is finally approved. It'll take around seven business days for it to be searchable on the FCC online database, though. Despite that, this means we've already gotten the green light to ship out the 5000 units since we have the approval needed.

The container vessel we're using is already booked for the 2nd of June. Our partners advised us to use LCL, or Less Than Container Load. This means we'll be sharing the container with someone else as we can't fill a whole container as of the moment.

We're also still pushing our supplier to get the speakers to us earlier so we can churn out more on our assembly lines.

We've got more updates coming in on the next few days so stay tuned, guys.

Best Regards,

The Kreyos Team

So far it is getting better! We shall see with the next update and u wonder who will be the first 5000 backers to receive their watch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte