Sms text read out loud on Bluetooth connection

uktivo

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.
When I had my Lumia800 one of the best features it had which other phones I've used didn't, was the ability to read through the car speakers via Bluetooth any sms that arrived. It first gave you the option to hear the message or save till later, it played the message back, then gave you the option to dictate a message back and send it.. all without touching the phone.. excellent..

Question. Does the 920 have the same ability?

Thanks...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.
When I had my Lumia800 one of the best features it had which other phones I've used didn't, was the ability to read through the car speakers via Bluetooth any sms that arrived. It first gave you the option to hear the message or save till later, it played the message back, then gave you the option to dictate a message back and send it.. all without touching the phone.. excellent..

Question. Does the 920 have the same ability?

Thanks...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
All Windows Phones does it.

tomahan

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
All Windows Phones does it.

Unfortunately, this feature does not work as well in Windows Phone 8 as it does in 7 or 7.5. With my 7.5 phone, my text messages would be read aloud no matter what Bluetooth speaker I was connected to. Disappointingly, Windows Phone 8 does not read aloud to any bluetooth device that I have except for my car which is Microsoft's Ford Sync. I have read elsewhere where many have confirmed that text messages are not being read aloud in any bluetooth device including cars which are not Ford Sync. This malfunction is very disappointing along with the problem of not being able to load Xbox video onto my phone.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, you can always set it to always announce not just bluetooth in "SPEECH" settings. I preferred over my Jawbone Bluetooth only. My L920 works great and no complain.

Unfortunately, this feature does not work as well in Windows Phone 8 as it does in 7 or 7.5. With my 7.5 phone, my text messages would be read aloud no matter what Bluetooth speaker I was connected to. Disappointingly, Windows Phone 8 does not read aloud to any bluetooth device that I have except for my car which is Microsoft's Ford Sync. I have read elsewhere where many have confirmed that text messages are not being read aloud in any bluetooth device including cars which are not Ford Sync. This malfunction is very disappointing along with the problem of not being able to load Xbox video onto my phone.

Wilson44

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure who's having issues, but my 920 has worked great reading text with all my Bluetooth as well as wired devices. I actually think it works better than my WP7.5 device. Before dictating text messages via Bluetooth was very flaky, now it works great.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The WP8 system works exactly the same way as the 7.X system, with the added benefit of a more natural-sounding voice reading the text messages.

DallasFann

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the more natural voice also. It appears to be more accurate when I am dictating a text message than it was before. I like the option to add more to a text message with 8. My 920 works great Bluetooth or wired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf