So, I just bought brand new 1520 fresh from the box.. is it worth it now?

cane prevost1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I just fired up my Moto X 2013 for the first time since getting the 1520. The screen seems impossibly tiny. Don't think I can go back to a screen smaller than 5.5 now.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
^^ I know what you mean, I just got a BLU HD LTE and I find the 5" screen too small... its gonna take me time to get used to it. but I might go back to my L1520 and use the BLU as a back up... I just luv the L1520 too much to give it up or not use it.

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I just fired up my Moto X 2013 for the first time since getting the 1520. The screen seems impossibly tiny. Don't think I can go back to a screen smaller than 5.5 now.

Strangely enough, Ive just sold my LG G4 (just couldnt get away with it, clunky UI, Really dont like Android anymore and the camera, while its good, just seems over-sharp and gives inconsistent results in Manual mode) and the screen was 5.5", which to me.. is the smallest I could use now :)

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Bought my Lumia 1520 10 months ago. It was the 'rare'* AT&T 32GB version. Original owner even unlocked it. It came with a decent Belkin case that allows me to tip it up in landscape mode to use it on a hard surface. I paid about $230usd for it, including shipping. I purchased a fast 128GB microSD as well to boost the storage. It had a very tiny scratch on the screen, that is never noticeable except when powered completely off.. The seller took a photo of that and divulged it, so I new what I was getting.

Finally, as of a week ago, I am running Windows 10 Mobile Preview full time on it (there were a few show stopper issues with previous releases and I waited a bit before putting it on).

With the performance and specs of this phone, I certainly will not be replacing it anytime soon with the nexgen phones.

The only complaint I have is really a WIn10Mobile Preview implementation complaint... With the 1920x1080 display on this phone set to 3 columns wide (yeah I could have gone 4), they (Microsoft) seem to have defaulted to too small of a font size. Defintely noticeable going from WIn8.1Phone to Win10Mobile. (At 4 columns wide, things get pretty small...especially on the smallest tile size..but that's to be expected.)

* the 32GB is indeed rare. I looked for two months. purchased 2 of them, only to have them arrive as 16GB models. I dislike misleading advertising, so I insisted on returning each one and getting a refund. Ultimately, I required sellers to post screen shots of the actual reported storage. A few couldn't be bothered. One fellow finally did and I purchased his phone. Beware of all the misleading Ebay listings that call the phone 32GB... especially if they list any color other than black (the 32GB AT&T model was only available in black).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254