So many choices

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I remember the time when i didn't care about taking simple picture like i do now.. and now, with time, Microsoft relase new apps with same name and/or rebranding old one.. i don't even know to be completly honest. All i know that i have 3 apps wich name contain ,, Lumia Camera '' and all of them are different. One of them have hdr mode, one is brigher..one darker..one have sounds when using sliders other tutorial page and i am legitimately confused.
Could anyone help me descide and explain me wich camera app i should use or focus more and why, that would be nice.
wp_ss_20151001_0001.png

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I can help you out.
The purple tiled Lumia Camera is the original. It doesn't have Rich Capture or the new algorithms and is for phones without Lumia Denim.
Lumia Camera Classic is the original Lumia Camera except refitted to work on devices with Lumia Denim and such.
The green tiled Lumia Camera is Lumia Camera 5 and if you have full Lumia Denim that's the one you want to use. It has Rich Capture and the new algorithms.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
The green tiled Lumia Camera is Lumia Camera 5 and if you have full Lumia Denim that's the one you want to use. It has Rich Capture and the new algorithms.

First of all, thanks for good explanation..second, this phone is 830. I should have full Denim but my ,,green" or transpared Lumia Camera does not have hdr mode. Is that mean that i don't have ,,full" Denim even if i run denim gdr2?
Ps. Is that true, how can i ,,re flash" it to full version?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
First of all, thanks for good explanation..second, this phone is 830. I should have full Denim but my ,,green" or transpared Lumia Camera does not have hdr mode. Is that mean that i don't have ,,full" Denim even if i run denim gdr2?
Ps. Is that true, how can i ,,re flash" it to full version?
If you have the ATT Lumia 830 you are running a crippled Lumia Denim. Lumia Camera Classic was built for you.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Well..that explain almost everything..still i'm not on at&t. I'm not even from same continent..
How can i check do i have full denim or not ?
Ps. All of this probably doesen't even matter anymore..win10 is around the corner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon