So, montsa007 finally bites the bullet and purchases a Black Lumia 1020

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I was craving for Lumia 1020, but the price tag of 42k (US$ 656, cheapest after coupons and stuff) was a bit way too high to invest in a smartphone.

I know L 1020 is a revolutionary product but am not comfortable spending that kind of money on a phone.

Went hunting, was carrying my very reliable gun loaded with search keywords. Fired each bullet and found that the average price is $450-500 for an L1020, used.

I wanted to buy from Ebay USA because its the market where prices crash like a stack of cards, no offence but if you visit Ebay UK you'll see people demanding a hefty price for phones that are dated, come to EBay USA and you'll be in heaven.

I purchased an AT&T mildly used phone because
-Its the only option (1020 is an att exclusive, nobody else in USA has it, even god denied it)
-If I purchased a new unit, unlocking it would be impossible, God himself couldn't do it because the phone has to be activated on ATT network first
-Its cheap, saved some money for the new year festival :D

I even got a friend of mine who is ready to buy my recently replaced Lumia 720.

I paid $450 (Excluding unlocking cost, shipping fees to my country and customs) for
-Black Lumia 1020 (Was replaced as the customer had a faulty unit)
-Charger (Meh)
-Spek Case (White)
-Camera Grip (Boy did I win the prize?)

It should reach the NY warehouse on Monday and in my hands by next weekend. Seller has shipped today itself, he/she stays in NY so it'll be faster than lightning :D, unless USPS guys throw up.

Price Paid
Phone + Camera Grip + Spek Case - Rs. 28,900/-
Customs - TBA
Shipping from USA to India - TBA
Unlocking - $20, can any kind soul who is on ATT help me?

I expect to pay about 650 for shipping and 2023 for customs and another 1137 for unlocking, I will post the exact numbers once I receive invoice(s)

Last edited:

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase, I love my L1020 and I'm sure you will too. I'm eagerly awaiting the Lumia Black update from Nokia that will offer RAW support on the phone. Make sure to post some pictures to show it off :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Congrats Monsta. It is a pretty nice phone. My son has one and its amazing.
its montsa007 :(, I already love my 720 :D
Congrats on your purchase, I love my L1020 and I'm sure you will too. I'm eagerly awaiting the Lumia Black update from Nokia that will offer RAW support on the phone. Make sure to post some pictures to show it off :)
Will post pics once it arrives in my hands ;)
I hope att doesn't pull that BS plan of updates in action again

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
How much does it cost after shipping and customs in rs.

Will edit when I make all payments :)
A detailed breakup, also note that I won this in auction, prices continue to fluctuate day in and day out, if you are lucky you can get accessories in the cost ;)

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I hope att doesn't pull that BS plan of updates in action again

Don't expect updates any time soon. You can already see it with the firmware update that many are getting for the Lumia 1020, but not even a mention of it from ATT. As for Nokia Black we'll be lucky to get it by Summer 2014.

The Lumia 1020 is my last WP if Microsoft and Nokia continue to allow carriers free reign over OS and device firmware updates.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Finally got it in my hands today.
Initial impression - Good.
The camera indoors - Poor, in my opinion (a not so well lit room, had a lot of grains on the screen)
Outdoor pictures - Mind boggling
Shutter speed and stuff - I have the cockpit controls, it was excellent
I can still see grains if I zoom all the way down, is it normal?

Have ordered an unlock, should be in 2-3 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124