So who has pre ordered a Surface Go?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Got notification of best buy shipping my go.
Also got the electronic gift card. $50 which I will use to get the touch cover! Plus it's tax free weekend here!

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Got notification of best buy shipping my go.
Also got the electronic gift card. $50 which I will use to get the touch cover! Plus it's tax free weekend here!

I got a notification that my type cover has shipped, waiting in my Surface shipping confirmation now. I am a moron and ordered them separately on accident.

LibbyLA

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I need the business version with Win Pro so I didn't preorder. I will go to my nearest Microsoft store tomorrow and find out whether it's less expensive to get the business model or upgrade to Win Pro on the regular model, see what my education discount might apply to, and bring home my choice.

Surface Dock, ordered from Amazon, came in today. I need the extra ports at times. I can keep the dock on my desk for charging and keep the charger in the sleeve.

Looking forward to reading everyone's first impressions!

KJones75

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Congrats! Please share what you think of it when you get a chance.

I love it so far, but I haven't really done much with it other than install apps and watch a few YouTube videos.

When I was going through the initial Windows 10 setup I thought there was something wrong with the screen because the brightness was fluctuating a lot, but it was because it was set to automatically adjust to the room brightness.

My biggest concern is the battery life. I have a Surface Pro 3 that seems to only get 3 or 4 hours per charge (if I'm lucky), so as long as the Surface Go does better (hopefully 6 or 7 at least) I'll be happy. The battery estimate shown in the taskbar is pretty much as inaccurate and useless as it is on my Pro 3 though.

I like the keyboard a lot. I just got the less expensive black version. I will get a pen eventually too.

The screen size might take some getting used to, but the bezels don't seem quite as thick in person as they do in videos.

I plan to try running Photoshop on it soon. Haven't taken it out of S Mode yet.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
It is here it's pretty small. Wil take some getting used to after using a Book.
dc8f5f329f115217d71417c6d7988948.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124