So who's getting the HTC HD7S when it hits?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I already talked to a friend of mine and I will have one secured for me the day it's out.

This was the phone I initially wanted back in October/November until it was announced it was a T-Mobile exclusive device. It honestly crushed me.

It goes to the form factor. When the HTC Evo 4G launched last summer, I fell in love with the phone. Not the OS, cause frankly, I don't like Android.

It was the 4.3" screen and the kickstand. So, when Microsoft had the Windows Phone 7 press event, I was bummed it wasn't coming to AT&T.

Well, today that changed. I'm pretty happy that it's shipping with the same Super-LCD 4.3" screen that the HTC Inspire 4G shipped with. That's a very nice screen. Not as nice as teh one that is on the Focus, but VERY nice!

Thoughts?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm really disappointed in HTC with the build quality of the HD7 for T-Mobile. We pretty much got the throw away device, it seems that way just because the HD2 wasn't upgradeable to WP7 it seems like they just slapped things around here and there to comply with the requirements and let that ship sail thinking "well if the ship (wp7) sinks at least we didn't throw our money away" and now that they saw that the "ship" made it safely across they shaft all their current users (in the U.S. anyways which is a big market) in the *** hardcore style by releasing the better built HD7 on the rival network. I had always wanted an HTC device but while I was on Android I always wanted a clean non-skinned OS, I was literally torn between the G2 and HD7 I went for the HD7 because it was a fresh start, pretty OS, Xbox Live and secure ecosystem (with the update fiasco, so much for that) I won't be going back to Android, I sure as hell wanna drop HTC so when awesome looking Nokia WP7 phones come out I'll be one of the first on board. However, I won't completely bad mouth HTC, if you're on AT&T and have the opportunity to upgrade I say do it.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Looks like were all gonna have to buy new devices to get future updates, gonna wait for some nice Nokia ones as well

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

KCMike

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my Focus since last Friday. Since I'm well within the 30 day return policy I'm going to watch for the HD7S. I talked to a salesman in the AT&T store last night and he said it's perfectly OK for me to cancel, return the Focus, & then wait for the HD7S.

As with most, the HD7 is what got me excited about the WP7 O/S. I have T-Mobile thru work and it's a dead zone at my house. Hearing the news of the HD7S really got me excited again for the HTC platform.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for Verizon to get the Trophy but, the HD7 is what I wanted but, T-moible sucks at my house. AT&T is pretty passable in my area.

If Verizon does not get a phone by the 1st, I will be testing AT&Ts service and getting the HD7s (HD7 was a great phone but, the HD7 with a SLCD is just epic)

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i am a current HD7 owner on Tmobile but with the annoucemet of the HD7s on ATT and the recent buyout announcement ifigure i might as well make the jump (wife already has the iphone on ATT) and it would concolidate the bill. Not to mention the improved screen and what many describe as a better "build quality." Iv been very happy with this phone so far, but the screen at times has just been slightly underwhelming...especially after seeing a samsung focus inperson at an att store.

Does anyone have any idea when the HD&s is dropping?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i am a current HD7 owner on Tmobile but with the annoucemet of the HD7s on ATT and the recent buyout announcement ifigure i might as well make the jump (wife already has the iphone on ATT) and it would concolidate the bill. Not to mention the improved screen and what many describe as a better "build quality." Iv been very happy with this phone so far, but the screen at times has just been slightly underwhelming...especially after seeing a samsung focus inperson at an att store.

Does anyone have any idea when the HD&s is dropping?

No dates have been given since its announcement

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm really disappointed in HTC with the build quality of the HD7 for T-Mobile. We pretty much got the throw away device, it seems that way just because the HD2 wasn't upgradeable to WP7 it seems like they just slapped things around here and there to comply with the requirements and let that ship sail thinking "well if the ship (wp7) sinks at least we didn't throw our money away" and now that they saw that the "ship" made it safely across they shaft all their current users (in the U.S. anyways which is a big market) in the *** hardcore style by releasing the better built HD7 on the rival network. I had always wanted an HTC device but while I was on Android I always wanted a clean non-skinned OS, I was literally torn between the G2 and HD7 I went for the HD7 because it was a fresh start, pretty OS, Xbox Live and secure ecosystem (with the update fiasco, so much for that) I won't be going back to Android, I sure as hell wanna drop HTC so when awesome looking Nokia WP7 phones come out I'll be one of the first on board. However, I won't completely bad mouth HTC, if you're on AT&T and have the opportunity to upgrade I say do it.

I still don't get why everyone bad mouths the hd7. I've had the hd2 (3 at one time) and the hd7 and to me, the back cover could be aluminum, but other than that, it's a great device. I'll take a 4.3in lcd screen over a 3.8-4in super amoled etc. Screen real estate to me is more important and the lcd gets the job done and looks more realistic. Not saying I wouldn't take a hd7S, just that everyone talks crap about the hd7 and most of them don't own one.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I was going to change immediately, but I have changed my mind, unless I can do it without going on a two year contract. Right now, I am in a somewhat different situation, in that AT&T bought my regional carrier, so I got my HTC Surround as a free replacement phone, no contract. I am *very* disappointed with the squeaky battery cover, and how cheap that makes the phone feel, and I was going to jump ship to the HD7S as soon as possible, but I have a feeling that good old AT&T will consider that an upgrade and make me sign on for two years.

I am instead hoping to hold on to the Surround, stay off-contract, and hold out for the next wave of phones, maybe by Nokia. These large screen, 1 ghz Snapdragon phones were really awesome last year when those sorts of things were bleeding edge, but when the time comes to sign on for two years, I want a super phone. Dual core, front-camera, etc. I am sure those things will come to WP7, but we aren't there yet.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get why everyone bad mouths the hd7. I've had the hd2 (3 at one time) and the hd7 and to me, the back cover could be aluminum, but other than that, it's a great device. I'll take a 4.3in lcd screen over a 3.8-4in super amoled etc. Screen real estate to me is more important and the lcd gets the job done and looks more realistic. Not saying I wouldn't take a hd7S, just that everyone talks crap about the hd7 and most of them don't own one.

I own two, I would think I'm well within my right to judge issues that have recurred on both of them. I do, however, agree with you that the screen isn't as bad as people say it is.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Future phones

I was going to change immediately, but I have changed my mind, unless I can do it without going on a two year contract. Right now, I am in a somewhat different situation, in that AT&T bought my regional carrier, so I got my HTC Surround as a free replacement phone, no contract. I am *very* disappointed with the squeaky battery cover, and how cheap that makes the phone feel, and I was going to jump ship to the HD7S as soon as possible, but I have a feeling that good old AT&T will consider that an upgrade and make me sign on for two years.

I am instead hoping to hold on to the Surround, stay off-contract, and hold out for the next wave of phones, maybe by Nokia. These large screen, 1 ghz Snapdragon phones were really awesome last year when those sorts of things were bleeding edge, but when the time comes to sign on for two years, I want a super phone. Dual core, front-camera, etc. I am sure those things will come to WP7, but we aren't there yet.

I think that you are trying to compare Android to WP7. I don't think that we will see anything groundbreaking from WP7 until the end of this year at the earliest. I may be proven wrong but it seems like that will be the case. As far as all the new features in Androids that people would like to see in WP7, you will have to wait until hardware manufacturers feel the market is big enough to invest in all that technology. The HD7 is pretty much an EVO or Inspire running WP7.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i love the size of the Focus. i actually thought the Surround was going to be the phone i fell in love with, but that speaker killed it before seeing it in person. then when seeing it in store next to the Focus, it got even worse. the Focus is a perfect size and honestly, the screen makes a difference compared to the HD7 and will probably be the same with the HD7S, but the gap will not be as big as it is with the HD7.

great device though for those who do not like the Focus and/or aren't fans of Samsung. only negative for me is the battery life, but HTC is usually worse in that category from my experience.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
It really depends on a ton factors for me. Camera, screen and build quality are three that instantly come to mind. It also depends on the unsubsidized price. I'm really interested to see how its screen compares in terms of sharpness to my Focus. The pentile screen of the Focus annoys me at times, and the colors are oversaturated.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think that you are trying to compare Android to WP7. I don't think that we will see anything groundbreaking from WP7 until the end of this year at the earliest. I may be proven wrong but it seems like that will be the case. As far as all the new features in Androids that people would like to see in WP7, you will have to wait until hardware manufacturers feel the market is big enough to invest in all that technology. The HD7 is pretty much an EVO or Inspire running WP7.

That's why I am willing to wait. I doubt we will see anything at all from Nokia until late next year at the earliest, but if I upgrade now, I am stuck with whatever I get until 2013.

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i ordered the Samsumg Focus from AT&T friday, It should arrive in the mail 2morrow, now I'm just seeing this news. I'm new 2 da Windows Phone seen by the way. I was trying to wait for a 4.3 screen, dual core, 4G/LTE, front facing camera Windows Phone before I pulled the trigger, but I'm too anxious, I couldn't wait so I ordered one of those Samsung Focus joints from AT&T for $50. Should I return it and wait?

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I would at least see how you like the HD7S before you completely decide on the Focus. I had the focus when it forst came out and returned it because I didnt like the build quality. Way to much plastic on that thing. You have 30 days though os you could just hold onto it for a few weeks to get the feel for WP7. It wont hurt, just keep in mind that when you return something you have to pay the $35 restocking fee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb