Sold my iPad "3" - I'm all in for Surface!

JOHNGAETANO

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Surface for 1.5 weeks. I just put my iPad 3 up for sale today.

Love the OS, and love the keyboard. It's been a pleasure to use something different.

I've been around the block with Tablets. The Android Tablets are full of lag, and the OS is poor at best. The Apple iPad is nice, and polished, but it's also a very dated 5 year old OS. You realize how dated the iPad is once you use the Surface.

JOHN

So, I bought a Microsoft Surface RT with some skepticism, but the keyboard attracted me.

Well, after 2 weeks of owning this thing - I'm in love. I sold my iPad "3" on eBAY and I've never felt better about a purchase.

I love the Surface! I hope others will come to the light as I have

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm a developer too, and one of the reasons I got the Surface RT is because I've already had clients asking if I can create RT apps.

Since all 3 OS are in the same ecosystem, coding it for RT means it can be easily ported over to wp8 and w8 right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eimoaotl

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing. Interestingly I teach some 15 and 16 year old kids. The instant they saw the surface they universally told me that it looked better than an iPad (has the right shape they are used to now with everything else -widescreen), and they all wanted one (but of course could never afford it). After playing with it some said, wow, it has PowerPoint and word - I can even do my homework on it. They all agreed it was "cooler" than the iPad.

Anyway, I guess Microsoft commercials are working on impressionable young minds :)

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I will be selling my MacBook very soon and replacing it with a Windows 8 tablet. I also love my suface and find it infinitely more useful than my ipad by a long shot.

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing. Interestingly I teach some 15 and 16 year old kids. The instant they saw the surface they universally told me that it looked better than an iPad (has the right shape they are used to now with everything else -widescreen), and they all wanted one (but of course could never afford it). After playing with it some said, wow, it has PowerPoint and word - I can even do my homework on it. They all agreed it was "cooler" than the iPad.

Anyway, I guess Microsoft commercials are working on impressionable young minds :)

I swear everyone that see's my Surface thinks it looks so cool. I've gotten people just staring at it. It's important for MS to get this out to the masses. If people see it live they will buy it.

toondw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got the surface as soon as it was released, after 4 days I lost interest and arranged to send it back. Got myself a iPad 4............

5 days later, surface was still sitting in the box waiting to go back when I decided to get it our again, just for a go......

Its now 3 days later and I can't put it down! No idea why, but after the initial 'disappointment' I love it, apps are starting to come to it (a bit pricey however, angry birds star wars! Terrible price).

So, the iPad 4 is going back to apple. I'm giving the surface a go long term hoping the apps will come and the software keeps getting updated.

The good things about it are better than the bad. The touch cover is going back however, want the type cover! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria