Someone runing W10M without problems on Facebook/Messenger apps?

Juan Vasquez4

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i want to know if there are users of the BLU WIN HD LTE runing the W10M and not having problems with the new facebook app and messenger app. because i read about people who have visualization issues on this apps when they use W10M on the WIN HD LTE. and im wanting to update from 8.1 to W10 but im waiting till know if this error is in all BLU WIN HD LTE devices or only a few devices

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I've sent the following email after service@bluproducts.com asked me to detail the issue:

Good day,

The issue is stated as following:
There are quite a few windows (both pc and tablet/phone) apps that have different user interfaces (UI) depending on the device installed on.

For example, Shazam has a simpler UI for phone while for Windows PC (yes, the Shazam app from Windows store) it has a little more complex one (because it benefits from the larger screens).

Now, the BLU WIN HD LTE phone has a parameter settings (which I?ve attached in the following screenshot of my phone using AIDA64 app for detailing specifications) that is faulty:
Root Device Category ? Computer.

Instead, most lumias and other Windows phones have the parameter set: ROOT DEVICE CATEGORY ? Computer.Portable, which is the correct one.

Again, this is very important because apps like FACEBOOK MESSENGER use the wrong UI for PC instead of the one destined for phones (in our case), and this makes the entire phone experience wrong and unpleasant.

Below i will attach 2 examples of Facebook apps, first on a Lumia 950 XL and the other on BLU WIN HD LTE to see how different UI Works and why this is so important (and it might be easy to change in the firmware):

LUMIA 950 XL (the normal and correct Facebook Messenger UI):
attachment1.png

BLU WIN HD LTE (Facebook Messenger uses the PC interface instead of the previous one):
attachment2.png

Please feel free to contact me via email or phone for any more Information that I can provide in this matter because is very important.

Juan Vasquez4

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I've sent the following email after service@bluproducts.com asked me to detail the issue:

Good day,

The issue is stated as following:
There are quite a few windows (both pc and tablet/phone) apps that have different user interfaces (UI) depending on the device installed on.

For example, Shazam has a simpler UI for phone while for Windows PC (yes, the Shazam app from Windows store) it has a little more complex one (because it benefits from the larger screens).

Now, the BLU WIN HD LTE phone has a parameter settings (which I’ve attached in the following screenshot of my phone using AIDA64 app for detailing specifications) that is faulty:
Root Device Category – Computer.

Instead, most lumias and other Windows phones have the parameter set: ROOT DEVICE CATEGORY – Computer.Portable, which is the correct one.

Again, this is very important because apps like FACEBOOK MESSENGER use the wrong UI for PC instead of the one destined for phones (in our case), and this makes the entire phone experience wrong and unpleasant.

Below i will attach 2 examples of Facebook apps, first on a Lumia 950 XL and the other on BLU WIN HD LTE to see how different UI Works and why this is so important (and it might be easy to change in the firmware):

LUMIA 950 XL (the normal and correct Facebook Messenger UI):
attachment1.png

BLU WIN HD LTE (Facebook Messenger uses the PC interface instead of the previous one):
attachment2.png

Please feel free to contact me via email or phone for any more Information that I can provide in this matter because is very important.

lets hope they repply to your message soon, and please if you receive any answer let us know about it

Last edited:

patriklantos88

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
There is a Registry Editor for Windows 10 Mobile, which is quite new. Maybe if we could find the correct key in the Registry, we could just modify "Computer" to "Computer.Portable", and reboot to see if that fixes it ? I'll try to have a look at it today.

Juan Vasquez4

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
i also contact BLU support and they told me "At this moment, our software team is working around the clock to fix this issue" now, i dont know if this fix is gonna be soon or is gonna take long time. guess we need to wait.

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
it's frustrating if you are not able to use properly basic apps like: Shazam, Facebook (+Messenger), Outlook...

@Juan at least you got an early response. I didn't get anything yet from them.

Juan Vasquez4

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
it's frustrating if you are not able to use properly basic apps like: Shazam, Facebook (+Messenger), Outlook...

@Juan at least you got an early response. I didn't get anything yet from them.

besides the problem with this apps, there is other big problems when you are runing W10M on win hd lte? because im in doubt if stay on 8.1 or go for w10m. i do like more the w10m visually, but this issue looks frustrating so now i cant decide, you as user of blu win hd lte with w10m, would recomend to go W10M on this phone??

seeremlive

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I run Windows 10 Build 14364.0 and have no issues with Facebook or Messanger. I run them daily and they work fine. I don't use Shazam so I can't talk to that app. I did flash the latest firmware .15013 using WDRT. I have had no issues with the this build of windows other than a few games that launch slowly or run slowly. This version works very good overall and has as good battery life as 8.1.

Am I missing something?

Juan Vasquez4

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I run Windows 10 Build 14364.0 and have no issues with Facebook or Messanger. I run them daily and they work fine. I don't use Shazam so I can't talk to that app. I did flash the latest firmware .15013 using WDRT. I have had no issues with the this build of windows other than a few games that launch slowly or run slowly. This version works very good overall and has as good battery life as 8.1.

Am I missing something?

thanks for the answer, is good to know not all the win hd lte are having this issue. im gonna send you a PM to ask you a couple things, if you are ok with that

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I've been playing around with the Interop tools for awhile now. With the newer OS builds I can't get it to write the registry keys.

Also I can't locate the proper registry for the "Root Device Category", yet.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Am I missing something?

Are you running the Facebook Beta (From Facebook, Not MS) same for Messenger...the Facebook apps aren't scaling right for the screen, where the MS apps are...

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
This is the response from BLU so far:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting BLU Products. We are happy to help you!
We recommend that you perform a hard reset on your device. To perform the Hard Reset via the recovery mode on the BLU Win HD LTE, you will need follow these steps (please note that this will erase all the data, pictures and videos save in the internal memory be sure to back these up first):

1. Press and hold the Volume down button + Power button at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 3-5 seconds).
2. Once you feel the vibration, let go of the Power button and continue to hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark. (will show up after the BLU logo)
3. Press the following four buttons in this order: volume up button,volume down button, power button, volume down button. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)
Should you have any additional questions please contact us, via E-Mail or 1-877-602-8762 (Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm EST).
Thank you for choosing BLU!

seeremlive

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
This is the response from BLU so far:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting BLU Products. We are happy to help you!
We recommend that you perform a hard reset on your device. To perform the Hard Reset via the recovery mode on the BLU Win HD LTE, you will need follow these steps (please note that this will erase all the data, pictures and videos save in the internal memory be sure to back these up first):

1. Press and hold the Volume down button + Power button at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 3-5 seconds).
2. Once you feel the vibration, let go of the Power button and continue to hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark. (will show up after the BLU logo)
3. Press the following four buttons in this order: volume up button,volume down button, power button, volume down button. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)
Should you have any additional questions please contact us, via E-Mail or 1-877-602-8762 (Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm EST).
Thank you for choosing BLU!

Well, that's not very helpful. I guess the standard answer is, "if it doesn't work wipe your phone back to stock and try again". If you are going to do this, I would suggest using WDRT and doing a full recovery back to 8.1 and get the latest firmware. Then upgrade to 10 and at least you will be on the latest of everything. Before I did this I had an issue with Cortana not working in voice mode. The new firmware seemed to correct this. In general, the new firmware was built to address known issues from the original, and to provide functionality that is needed for Windows 10.

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't use facebook, but might be of some help for those who use it, device format can be set(changed) using Windows ICD, more info here.

And as far as I can find in the app itself there is an option available under runtime settings (see screenshot attached).

Untitled.png

App is available on the Internet.

Sorry in advance I don't have time to play with it currently, however have done some tweaking in the past all worked with Win HD LTE (x150e).

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
For grins and giggles, I did the hard phone reset. Nothing changed, still reports back as "Computer". Even in WP8.1 the device is registered as "Computer".

As gabriel92 pointed out, the device has to be set in it's provisioning settings. There is no registry entry to change as the system reads and interprets the base layer configuration. (At lest that is what I have found after two days of reading MS documentation)

knotjeff

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi, i want to know if there are users of the BLU WIN HD LTE runing the W10M and not having problems with the new facebook app and messenger app. because i read about people who have visualization issues on this apps when they use W10M on the WIN HD LTE. and im wanting to update from 8.1 to W10 but im waiting till know if this error is in all BLU WIN HD LTE devices or only a few devices

New to the Blu Win HD LTE Myself. Upgraded to Win10 and so far the only issue I have with Facebook or Messenger is the keyboard covers up the bottom few message texts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaledOlavive