SP3 pen opening one note in my bag

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So work bought me a SP3 last weekend, after my suggestion of course. I tossed it in my school bag and put the pen my front pocket organizer. 3 hours later I get to work and realize the pen started onenote at some point and the SP2 had been sitting in my bag this whole time running, and blasting its fan to stay cool.

Now I obviously want to avoid this ever happening again so is there a way that I can disable the pen from starting onenote if the typecover is closed? Or even a way to lock the pen buttons (my headlamp and electric razor can do this if you hold the power button for 10 seconds)?

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Just did a test and it does seem that it will launch One Note even with the type cover closed.

Not sure if there is a way to disable it, but it's handy to know!

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Shut down the Surface rather than standby.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

Mr Lachey

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
It's probably the cover waking it then the pen activating one note

windowscentral.com/surface-pro-3-type-cover-disable-it-save-your-battery

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

windowscentral.com/surface-pro-3-type-cover-disable-it-save-your-battery

Nope, as I said I tested it with the cover closed......

I'm guessing it gets detected during connected standby, so the only way to stop it, as has been mentioned, is to turn it off.

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Shut down the Surface rather than standby.
This seems to be the only way to prevent it though it is less than ideal. I never know when I am going to get a phone call and need to quickly pull up my calendar, or access parent records to answer a question. I know startup is pretty fast, but not as fast as unlocking it to have everything right in front of you.

My Surface has actually been that way since I took it out of the box, so there is a good chance MS thinks it is a big advantage. But as eusty said, the pen will still open OneNote even with the cover closed.

This seems to be turning into more of a feature suggestion. Kinda annoying that this was overlooked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750