Spectre x360 w/ Skylake

Mason Sell

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
So back in June I purchased a mostly specced out Spectre x360 with 3 years of HP Total Care Support. Do you guys think HP might let me trade for the newer one with Skylake via warranty claim since the update is so incremental and well within the life cycle of the early 2015 model? It kind of really sucks that they released a model with Skylake so soon after I purchased mine and a lot of the benefits like battery life are huge for me since I'm rarely near an electric outlet (I got a custom made Spectre with the i7, 8gb of RAM, and 512Gb of SSD, but went with the 1080p display for battery life).

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Do you guys think HP might let me trade for the newer one with Skylake via warranty claim

I am not sure they would do that, but why don't you call them and ask? Spectre x360 with broadwell is already an amazing machine. after a rigorous research i settled to buy spectre x360 when it was first released but then i knew that skylake will be available at the end of this year. so i waited for skylake. although there wont be much of performance difference in U series of skylake some improvement is always a plus. so i know how you feel. it is really a bummer to see the next gen machine is just released when you have just bought an old one. but this is how it goes in electronics. If you are happy with the machine and feel that it will be future proof for what you do i would say to carry on with this as long as you want. but if you feel disappointed, and regretting you should have waited for skylake then just exchange it/ sell it as soon as possible and buy the new one and be happy.

Mason Sell

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, having a newer version released so soon always burns. Such is the fickle beast that is the electronics industry. I can't really expect them to wait for me! I just didn't think it would be updated so recently.

The main gain for me was for battery life and the newer Intel HD graphics. I didn't expect much of a boost in processor performance honestly. If HP will let me exchange it, I'll definitely be grateful. If not, I'll most likely just hold onto it

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
If it is with in your return policy, then yes. Otherwise, there is not a trade in policy outside of making an outlandish complaint and whining your way to the top.

It does suck, but you still have a killer machine :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb