Start menu and taskbar not working in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My laptop is LENOVO G510. It came with windows 8 single language. I upgraded to windows 8.1 single language a year ago. I updated it to windows 10 home by triggering the update. The upgrade went successfully. But the problem now is the start button, applications in the taskbar(only right click) and icons on the taskbar on the right side(time, battery, wifi etc) are not working. They work if I click them after a gap of ten minutes. But if I click them for a second time immediately, they won't work.

I got a message box showing "startmenu and cortana are not working, it will be fixed the next time you sign in". When I sign out and sign in, there is no change.

Is it my only problem or it occured to many laptops?
Is there any way to fix it?
Is Microsoft working to fix it soon?

Please inform me.

Justcheckingitout

May 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi although this thread is from a while ago, I thought I'd show the way I dealt with this problem.
I fixed my unresponsive task bar in 3 easy steps. ( May not work for you! )
Step 1: Hold Ctrl, Alt, and Delete.
Step 2: Click on the power button on the bottom-right hand side, It will give you 3 options I think.
Step 3: Click Restart ( This is the one I did and it worked, haven't tried the other options ).
After restarting, my task bar worked just fine. :)

Trevor Dawideit

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
I followed Raheem Baker's steps to fix the taskbar problem. However, once I restarted my computer in safe mode with networking, my computer only shows a black screen. Nothing else. I've tried restarting, my bios won't even load. Can someone please help. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon