Start Menu

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I really wish MS would add a time to the calendar and or something in the corner to let me know the time without having to go into desktop mode. I will probably make this suggestion over at the MS forums. What do you guys think?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a HTC 8x and the htc tile displays the time and weather really big. Do you mean something like that?

Hey DenniSundaY, This is the Windows 8 forum, I was talking about Windows 8 and not Windows Phone :)

I would want something to show the time that isn't a live title and is stationary and doesn't move off the page, like something in the lower right hand corner like what is in Desktop Mode.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Something they could do with a hybrid of Desktop and Metro mode, is to get rid of desktop but add the WIN7 taskbar into the Metro mode so you could always have that available at the bottom...

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey DenniSundaY, This is the Windows 8 forum, I was talking about Windows 8 and not Windows Phone :)

I would want something to show the time that isn't a live title and is stationary and doesn't move off the page, like something in the lower right hand corner like what is in Desktop Mode.

Haha sorry, I wasn't paying attention so i over read it. But you seriously got a point. What ninjaap mentioned about the charms bar is something like it, but temporary. I don't know any program that could set up a clock permanently on the start screen without making a live tile of it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786