Start Screen option removed WHY ?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
​It technically only derailed the conversation when you decided to make it a side conversation. I'm guessing, according to your own bad logic, that makes you rude. Also, a lot of the people here seem to think I should share their opinion of the start screen. I, on the other hand, am rude for suggesting people have standards.

Thanks.for the laugh!

hagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Frankly, 8.1 was pretty perfect for the tablet. Not sure why they had to change it so much. I'm hoping they do a whole lot of fixing.

here again

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I agree... I guess the "I really like how the start screen works" crowd wasn't vocal enough.

I just put 10 on one of my computers and this start menu isn't what I would have voted for.

option to use a start menu.
option to use a start screen.
option to use a hi-bred...

hope they hear this.

blckhood

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
If you want the start screen back like I do on the desktop/tablet, you can do this in 9926.

In the registry go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced, find "enablestartmenu" and set value data to 0. You may have to reboot for this to take effect. But then you will have the start screen back, and you can right click on the task bar, go to navigation and all the options will be there again to make it work they way you want. :)

You may have to add "EnableXamlStartMenu" registry tweak also. I did both.

Last edited:

sjaak327

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
If you want the start screen back like I do on the desktop/tablet, you can do this in 9926.

In the registry go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced, find "enablestartmenu" and set value data to 0. You may have to reboot for this to take effect. But then you will have the start screen back, and you can right click on the task bar, go to navigation and all the options will be there again to make it work they way you want. :)

You may have to add "EnableXamlStartMenu" registry tweak also. I did both.

You have to add enablexamlstartmenu with a value of 0. Enablestartmenu already existed on all of the boxes I put 10 on. Setting that value to 1 gets you the resizable start menu from previous builds.

Now just how many builds this would last remains the question, doubt this will still work at RTM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria