Step by step to update your 810 to GDR2/Amber...

neotheone1

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Just glad I could help... I've got eight Lumia 810's in my immediate family so I know how important it is to squeeze every last drop out of it...

That's a lot of Lumias! This is my first Nokia smartphone and I like it so far (seems to be much sturdier than my Galaxies). Hopefully I won't notice the picture quality degradation after updating to Amber.

Again, thanks for seeding the update files.

perez6991

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I was wonder if any of you guys have the update download still? I have a 810 that is still on the older firmware. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
If you really want to make sure you 810 has the newest firmware, install and run the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. It will download the "Official" firmware and OS (it's really Amber and W8.0).

Be forewarned... IT WILL DO A RESET AND WIPE OUT ALL DATA ON YOUR PHONE. Make sure you remove any microSD card you have inside and make sure you have a good backup on OneDrive or copy off any photos, music, docs, etc. manually before running the WPRT.

Then I recommend that after it's done do the following:
Use you MS account.
Do NOT choose a restore.
Install the Developer Preview and set it up.
Check for updates.
It takes 3 or 4 updates to bring the phone to W8.1u2
Then reset the phone again (Settings, about, reset your phone).
Use your MS account.
This time restore from backup.
Turn off Auto update apps as soon as you can.
Check for updates, and install them if needed.
Then turn on auto update apps.
Update your apps.

I know this is a lot of steps, but since the 810 became the red headed stepchild of the Lumia's, this is what we have to do :(

perez6991

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I tried using Windows Phone Recovery Tool without success (package for phone not available), so I had to do some digging on Google on how to appropriately download and flash the stock firmware. So I found NaviFirm and Nokia Care Suite and flashed the latest firmware and installed 8.1, BUT when I tried to install the WP10 TP the phone would boot loop every time with either slow or fast ring (where areas my 520 goes without error but slow and laggy as hell).

Any ideas how to fix this?

Shawn Lancaster

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I have just gotten a Lumia 810. Love the phone, but would love it more if it was running Amber. I have Nokia Software Updater for Retail, Windows Phone Recovery Tool, and Nokia Care Suite installed. They all see my phone and tell me that there are no updates. I have hunted the net for copies of Amber, but have had very little luck. Does anyone have a copy of this on a Mediafire server? Thank you for your help in this matter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254