Stepping down

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Team!

Its a sad day for me. I am stepping down from my duties at WPCentral. I will no longer be the Administrator here. I have many things happening in my life I don't have the time available to keep up with what Mobile Nations is asking from their team leads. I want this website to continue to be the go to place for Windows Phone users. I think at this time new leadership is needed. James needs people to help him live his vision. I simply don't have time to do all that is needed.

Some things going on in my life. My son has joined the Marines and is now at boot camp, I will be spending a bunch of time supporting him over the next three months. My daughter graduates from college in May. I have joined the Knights of Columbus. If you don't know what that is it is a religious fraternity group associated with the Catholic Church. We donate our time to help others we support our local church and our priests. All these things combined are taking up a bunch of my time this is not allowing me to keep up with what is needed.

I will miss you all very much you all are the top tear, the group of my design. I hand picked each of you because you are special people. Times are changing at MN you all can be the future. You can help to shape the forums. I hope you all will hold on to what I have thought you. The posture of heart that we have used to culminate a community that can share their thoughts in a civilized manner for the growth of Windows Phone. This means a lot to me if you all can honor or respect me in anyway it would be to hold on to these principals. I hope it is my legacy that this group goes on and continues to be the example of civilized thought for the Mobile Nations.

I told James I would hang on for another week and do what I can to break in a new team leader. If he needs me I will be here for that. After that I will just be a regular member of the forum. I had mentioned to James that I might stick around as a Moderator but that wouldn't be fare to the new team leader. I will not be contributing to this forum in that way. I think it is best if I just become a regular member and stop in form time to time. If I need you all I have your email addresses... Its not just the end its a new beginning.

Love you all,
Dave

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Its been a very enjoyable time working with you here at WPC. We had some great times together uncovering a lot spam and other nonsense like MrBurrrns and all his aliases. :smile:

You certainly have a full plate with everything else going on in your life, and you need to give those things you listed a priority.

I wish you the best!

Augie

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Dave, it's been an honor and a pleasure. Sounds like you have a lot of great things happening in your life. Stay awesome, dude!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Sleep in on a Saturday, wake up and check mail and find this. I'm awake now! Of course you need to take care of your family above everything. I remember boot camp, your son will need and appreciate your support. And the Knights are a great organization. Had a lot of interaction with them growing up going to Catholic school for 10 years. That should keep you busy in a good way.

Dave, I think this team and forum is a direct reflection of you. It has a friendly personality that shows in the posts and tone. Seems like every time I notice or questioned something, I'd find out talking to you that you were already aware of it. You should be proud of what you've done here. I'm proud to have been a part of it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Dave,

Thanks for all you've done here. It's been a pleasure working for you here, and you've done an amazing job running the forums! 😊

Best wishes to your son and daughter as they both begin new adventures in their lives, and thanks to your son for his service to our country.

Good luck with KofC. They really are a great organization that does great service. Please send us a picture when you wear your uniform for a special event.

Best wishes to you always, and please stop by and visit when you have time.

I'm going to miss you and Augie. 😞

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Thanks everybody for the well wishes. I really am going to miss this place. I have been doing some things around here but at the same time I have been trying to limit my access and that's hard. I am going to have big hunks of time where I don't have anything I am personally obligated to do. For the next few months it will be simple because I will be writing daily letter to my son. He needs to hear about life outside of the hard work he is doing.

Everybody in this thread, you all have been in my thought every single day for the last few years. I just can't flip a switch and turn that off. I am glad James is allowing me the time to back away slowly. You all have my email address and can contact me at any time. You better not hesitate to contact me if you need me. I can't keep up with the need's of the team leader position that doesn't mean I won't help out from time to time.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
As I've said to you personally, Dave, it's been a privilege to have worked with you up to now and I hope you'll still keep in touch and post on the forums when you can. It's great that you've got so much new and exciting things happening in your life and just like Laura, I'd love to see what you look like in the uniform! :wink:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Great idea writing letters every day. Hopefully he will hold on to them. I wish I had. I hope you will be able to attend his graduation from boot camp. I don't know if they allow it these days. But there will be nothing like seeing him go past the review stand in dress uniform for the first time.

Besides, we still need to find a spot between us to meet up for an adult beverage or two, or three.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
As I've said to you personally, Dave, it's been a privilege to have worked with you up to now and I hope you'll still keep in touch and post on the forums when you can. It's great that you've got so much new and exciting things happening in your life and just like Laura, I'd love to see what you look like in the uniform! :wink:

When I qualify and get my uniform I will defiantly post some pictures. At this point it will be September at the earliest. You have to be a 4th degree Knight to get the gear. I am only a third degree right now. The next convention is the same week my daughter graduates so I have to wait till September.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Great idea writing letters every day. Hopefully he will hold on to them. I wish I had. I hope you will be able to attend his graduation from boot camp. I don't know if they allow it these days. But there will be nothing like seeing him go past the review stand in dress uniform for the first time.

Besides, we still need to find a spot between us to meet up for an adult beverage or two, or three.

Defanitly going to graduation. We have already reserved our room at the hotel on the base. Busy week that week my daughter grduates the weekend before. We will go from Missouri to California in one week. Its going to be a fun week.

Why haven't we gotten together? Life is so busy. I am going to start hounding you now that I have more time. Be ready...

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Future picture

Looks familiar... It really is a great organization. On Monday night we had 30+ people sitting in a room having a meeting debating over how best to use our manpower to help others. Its a culture shock. Its not often in this day and age the you find that many people working so hard to help others. I am proud to be a part of this proud fraternity.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Looks familiar... It really is a great organization. On Monday night we had 30+ people sitting in a room having a meeting debating over how best to use our manpower to help others. Its a culture shock. Its not often in this day and age the you find that many people working so hard to help others. I am proud to be a part of this proud fraternity.

Yup, there's a strong emphasis nowadays on rugged individualism, each man on their own two feet, sink or swim buddy, don't expect a helping hand from me, that's your problem, not mine...etc..It's nice to see, "...how best to use our manpower to help others..."

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Defanitly going to graduation. We have already reserved our room at the hotel on the base. Busy week that week my daughter grduates the weekend before. We will go from Missouri to California in one week. Its going to be a fun week.

Why haven't we gotten together? Life is so busy. I am going to start hounding you now that I have more time. Be ready...

Hotel on base? Man times have changed. Does he have a field decided and school set up? Hopefully he got that locked up during the recruiting phase.
Guess we've both been busy with life or whatever. Give me a heads up so I can stay out of trouble with the wife.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Hotel on base? Man times have changed. Does he have a field decided and school set up? Hopefully he got that locked up during the recruiting phase.
Guess we've both been busy with life or whatever. Give me a heads up so I can stay out of trouble with the wife.

Heck lets bring the wife's we cant get in trouble if they are there right...

He is going to be a combat engineer. He will be home for 10 days after boot camp then he is off to school. The recruiter told us he will be in school for about a year and a half. Most likely in North Carolina or back to California. We wont know for sure till after graduation. Graduation week they have a parents day on Friday then Saturday is the actual graduation. We get to be there and watch the whole ceremony.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

He is going to be a combat engineer. He will be home for 10 days after boot camp then he is off to school. The recruiter told us he will be in school for about a year and a half. Most likely in North Carolina or back to California. We wont know for sure till after graduation. Graduation week they have a parents day on Friday then Saturday is the actual graduation. We get to be there and watch the whole ceremony.
I definitely want to see graduation pictures of your son too!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

It's good he got a guaranteed school. The biggest mistake I made when I signed up was not getting a guaranteed school when I enlisted.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Yup, there's a strong emphasis nowadays on rugged individualism, each man on their own two feet, sink or swim buddy, don't expect a helping hand from me, that's your problem, not mine...etc..It's nice to see, "...how best to use our manpower to help others..."

That's really similar to the military, since the military is definitely about teamwork.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen