Stepping down

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I will definitely get some pictures posted Laura.

He had some great recruiters they don't want mad Marines out there. They really got Ryan ready for his adventure.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It's good he got a guaranteed school. The biggest mistake I made when I signed up was not getting a guaranteed school when I enlisted.

You aren't kidding. I had my school locked up before going in. But remember so many guys getting sent to lousy jobs on ships because they had no rate out of boot. I was in school for about a year before joining the squadron.

By one of the companies I contract to in Farmers Branch is a HUGE Knights building. I've wondered if they all were like that or if's a headquarters or something. There is no church around it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You aren't kidding. I had my school locked up before going in. But remember so many guys getting sent to lousy jobs on ships because they had no rate out of boot. I was in school for about a year before joining the squadron.

By one of the companies I contract to in Farmers Branch is a HUGE Knights building. I've wondered if they all were like that or if's a headquarters or something. There is no church around it.
At least around here KofC have their own halls, just like American Legion. There's a KofC hall on my street. They rent it out for wedding receptions and graduation parties.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Dave,

Wanted to pop in here quickly to thank you for all you've done around WPC. It'll be much different around here without you, I hope you'll stick around to keep posting when you have the time! By the looks of things you have a really busy life away from the forums!

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I did my second and third degree in that hall...lol

At least around here KofC have their own halls, just like American Legion. There's a KofC hall on my street. They rent it out for wedding receptions and graduation parties.

Having a hall is expensive my council just uses the parish hall at my church. There are parties involved in the KofC that is for sure and a bunch of food. Last weekend I served drinks at our perish Vegas Night event. They offered free drinks. Never offer a bunch of Catholics free drinks...lol Six hours of standing on my feet filling wine glasses and passing out beers. All for charity the proceeds go to our school kids. Its a bunch of fun work. It is work.

Dave,

Wanted to pop in here quickly to thank you for all you've done around WPC. It'll be much different around here without you, I hope you'll stick around to keep posting when you have the time! By the looks of things you have a really busy life away from the forums!

Thanks James I appreciate that. You have been a great friend and mentor. I have learned lots over the years. Things I use in many different ways in my life. I keep doing this job because of its rewards, their are many, the self gratification of helping someone. The sense of accomplishment when we hit our first 10,000 members and every mile stone after that. The next team leader is a very lucky person.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I did my second and third degree in that hall...lol

Having a hall is expensive my council just uses the parish hall at my church. There are parties involved in the KofC that is for sure and a bunch of food. Last weekend I served drinks at our perish Vegas Night event. They offered free drinks. Never offer a bunch of Catholics free drinks...lol Six hours of standing on my feet filling wine glasses and passing out beers. All for charity the proceeds go to our school kids. Its a bunch of fun work. It is work.

Thanks James I appreciate that. You have been a great friend and mentor. I have learned lots over the years. Things I use in many different ways in my life. I keep doing this job because of its rewards, their are many, the self gratification of helping someone. The sense of accomplishment when we hit our first 10,000 members and every mile stone after that. The next team leader is a very lucky person.

Dave, you're not kidding about serving drinks being alot of work. My parish used to have carnivals in the summer. They sold beer, and the proceeds went to the church for building maintenance and improvements. We had kegs and I poured pints. I also had to change a keg when it ran out. I always sold alot of beer. Beer stand was where I worked 3 years in a row at the carnivals.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
WAY late to the party here! :( Dave so glad you are/were a part of the Mobile Nations family. Good luck to you in your future! You will be missed!

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
WAY late to the party here! :( Dave so glad you are/were a part of the Mobile Nations family. Good luck to you in your future! You will be missed!

Thanks Rich I really appreciate you popping in. You have always been a great colleague. I have always respected your opinion and appreciated your advice.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
SUPER LATE IN THE PARTY! - I yes did shout that. I read Laura's thread first and all the way through kept wondering, what is Dave upto? Then came across this one, explains everything! Good luck Dave, it has been a pleasure being on this forum - sober or otherwise.. you know what I mean! ;)
You will be missed!

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
SUPER LATE IN THE PARTY! - I yes did shout that. I read Laura's thread first and all the way through kept wondering, what is Dave upto? Then came across this one, explains everything! Good luck Dave, it has been a pleasure being on this forum - sober or otherwise.. you know what I mean! ;)
You will be missed!

Thanks Brother... don't be a stranger...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard