Sticky Notes Not Working As Expected.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I am in the Insider Preview builds on both my laptop and newly purchased Surface Book. When i use Sticky Notes...from the Windows Ink work-space...the notes appear on my desktop after i create notes in Sticky Notes and exit the app. I would think this is normal behavior except every video and demo i have seen on YouTube shows that the notes are hidden inside the app after you close it...i.e. they don't appear on the regular desktop.

I really want this functionality because i think the notes are a good idea but look ugly as hell when they are on the desktop. If i want to see my stick notes then i can just open the app, that would be nice. How do i enable this functionality, what am i doing wrong?

I tried a restart, log out, an update in the Store, searching for settings (which there hardly are none), and i cant seem to find anything regarding this. If you don't have the answer can you at least tell me what your experience is so i don't feel crazy like I'm the only one.

And yes this is doing it on the current build 14383 and previous builds including 14379 14376 etc.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I am also surprised by this behavior. I hope it is just a bug and will be corrected in 84.

I finally decided to turn on Fast Ring last night and this was the first thing I tested when the update completed. I was so disappointed.

Fingers crossed.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
It is still doing it even after the last two builds. Still super annoying.

Yep, i just installed build 14390 and it is still doing it! Yet every demo video i watch does not show this happening. At least i know i am not the only one. Maybe it was a feature in a old build that is not currently working that way anymore? I dont know i cant find anything in settings, there hardly is any settings to begin with. So who knows?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124